Posts by tmc344

During my holiday I read Sammy Hagar's Red Rocker.

It was a fun read.
    What a musician, what a businessman.

Nowadays he's just criticizing Van Halen. Saying Chickenfoot is a much better band blablabla.
    He doesn't need that.
    In his book a large part is about Van Halen. He's criticizing them a lot, but on the other hand he still praises them for their musical abilities.

Looking forward to this one.
    Love those Wilson sisters.

Their best period was till Dog & Butterfly.
    With great tracks like the title track, Nada One and certainly Mistral Winds.
    The last one with a great drums break.

Personally I think Dreamboat Annie was their finest moment.

Saw Y&T also a couple of times.
    A great band. Meniketti is a great songwriter / singer and guitarplayer.
    The last time I saw him he had a bad cold, but did want to cancel the show. The encores were (almost) instrumental. The fans had to fill in the vocals.
    If I'm not mistaken their drummer had broken his hand or arm the night before and played with one hand. Awesome.

On the 16th of October I will see them again, sadly without Phil Kennemore.

I will see Doogie another 2 times this year (August and November). Both with Demon's Eye. A great band.
    I hope they play a lot of songs from their own album.
    Saw them in Genk last year with the introduction of their The Stranger Within. A great classic rock album.
    Saw Doogie with Schenker last month in Tilburg. They recorded that show for a future dvd.
    Saw Doogie last year also with Tank, but that's not my cup of tea.
    Sadly I had to miss Doogie's concert in Sardegna with Michael Schenker, Ian Paice, Don Airey o.a.

Hopefully Glenn will return soon to one of his favourite places: Spirit Of 66 in Verviers. Saw him 4 times there the last couple of years.

I'm not a big fan of Barnes.
    Know some of his songs of Cold Chisel and his solo output.
    And of course Living Loud. with Steve Morse, Don Airey, Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake.
    That was also a mixed bag.
    Two great (own) songs In The Name Of God and Every Moment A Lifetime.
    The Ozzy covers didn't do me much.
    But everyone has a different taste.

But quick back to topic :singer: :claphands

Joe's new album doesn't do me much, like most of his albums.
    I think he releases too many albums in a short time.
    For me he should slow down and pick the best from 2 releases and join them one 1 cd.
    As a performer I think his guitarchanging (live) is a bit foolish.
    Why does he need for (almost) every song a different guitar?

Candice had her solo album, so now it's time for an all instrumental album by Ritchie :bow:
    With songs like Son Of Alerik, Weiss Heim, Maybe Next Time, Snowman and so on :clapper: :clapper:

I don't expect him to start rockin' again.

Glenn & Santra Salkova are featured on the second song ('Romance') of the album.

I'm very curious.
    Always been a fan of Ken, but most of his solo albums are hit & miss.

With Uriah Heep he was (for me) the main contributor and was responsible for a lot of great tracks.

So that's the same line-up as his last concert in Verviers.

Saw Soren last year with Mike Tramp.
    Mike Tramp is also a great singer / performer.
    Was a bit disappointed in Soren, he was acting during that concert as if he was the main attraction. Sure he's a hell of a guitarplayer, but his behaviour on stage was a bit too much. As was his eye-liner and nailpolish :D

Thanks I saw it a long, long time ago.
    I'm a huge Bolin fan.
    Have to dig up my old scrapbooks I had in the 70s.
    I tried to collect most of the articles in the press. There was no internet so I kept several scrapbooks with stories and pictures of everything that had a connection with Deep Purple.

I guess everybody knows that Black Sabbath were going to reunite with the orinal line-up: Iommi-Osbourne-Butler and Ward.

The last couple of months it became clear that Ward was no longer part of the reunion.
    Ward claims he got an offer he couldn't accept.
    From the official BS side there was no real explication.
    So it could be money-, health issues or whatever.

Ward published several letters on the net telling about the bad offer they made him and that he still wanted to be part of the band. Only not on those conditions.

The band responded with:
    "We have decided not to make any detailed comment on Bill's latest statement. There are two sides to every story. We have been working hard at rehearsals making excellent progress after Tony's treatments and we have engaged a substitute drummer for the forthcoming shows. See you at Download."

But when you go to the official BS website you see that Bill Ward disappeared from every picture. Just like he was never part of the band.

What a way to rewrite history.
    Just like Kerslake and Daisly were removed from the first Blizzard Of Ozz albums.
    Only ten times worse.

Who is responsible????

The next chapter of Tom Galley's Phenomena.
    From what I heard the last one under his name.

There's no story behind these songs.
    Again alot of well known singers appear.

The cd kicks off with Lee Small singing Smash It Up, a great powerfull track.
    Next is the rocker Reality with Toby Hitchcock, with an addictive chorus.
    Homeland is the track co-written by Glenn and released on From Now On.
    The vocals are by Rob Moratti. The song sounds fresher as the original, but it has never been one of my favourites.
    Going Away with James Christian is a miss to me.
    Gotta Move (Ralf Scheepers) is a fast paced rocker with some heavy guitars.
    Lee Small returns with How Long. A slow blues rocker with strong vocals but the song is not that strong.
    Shake is a midpaced rocker with Mike DiMeo, with some heay riffing. But again the song itself doesn't do it for me.
    Figther (Terry Brock) rocks hard again. Great guitarwork by Steve Newman. But the song itself is ok but nothing spectacular.
    Dancing Days (Coldspell) has the same problem as other tracks.
    Great performances by the singer and musicians, but the song is a bit flat.
    The cd closes with If You Believe.
    A nice AOR track with a Gospel Choir, a kind like Foreigner's I Want To Know What Love Is. But again not that strong.

Overall I would give it a 6.5 out of 10.
    The first half of the cd is the best part for me.