Posts by dpurpleface

When Glenn said that to Wolfy I was one who turned around to Wolfy - and thought ...................... BIG TIME! From Feel - thats the one I would like to hear - but also I would love to hear him do some obscure stuff such as Wild Dogs as a tribute to Tommy Bolin - wouldn't that be just fab? What about King Of The Western World - (has anyone ever played that song full pelt in the car on the way to work???? What you mean NO? TRY IT)

Steve

Purplemusic - I thank you for taking the time to express your opinion on this subject. However - I must point out that you seem to jump to a lot of conclusions here about what I am doing and why, none it really being anyones business except mine. I do not mean to be rude, but you make assumptions about things you dont know any facts about. You stated in you first reply ".....but what do I know".....and my case is made! Read on.......
    For instance - the guitar I may get signed at the Robin would be a genuine Stratocaster that I own (one of 5) and this would stay in my collection. The guitar I had signed by Glenn, at that time was not signed with the intention of selling it. The CD of FUNK that was signed was a gift to me as part of the Liverpool Show package that was auctioned on Ebay (that I WON I might add ), and was one of two in the prize, along with two T-shirts - so Glenn doesnt really get a cut from that does he?. Now I dont know about you, but I can only listen to one at a time, so I sold it to a fan in Germany (my copy that I had previously bought was also signed so I didnt need two). He was happy - and the CD was a gift to me from Glenn - who I am sure was also happy.
    Finally there is no malice in what I said to Hughes_Thrall_rulez - he is as welcome here as you and I - and I embrace all Glenn fans - we are all one family - he voiced his opinion fair and square and all I did was respond - just like we are doing here - and of course it will remain civil. This also extends to Gicut58 - mate we are all friends here and no-one is arguing dont worry - I am glad we can discuss things on here!
    However, I take exception to the statement that it is a business venture and also that you suggest that I will obtain more items with the proceeds to sell on.Just go back to Ebay and check out the items for sale under Glenns name - there is plenty. I am very passionate about Glenn and his music and I invite you over here to come and look at the memorabilia and items I have collected over the last 30 years - you will be truly amazed I assure you! Sometimes there is not enough room in my house for cds guitars and the memorabilia, and the last count of my guitars totalled 20 - so as an afterthought I decided that the cheapest one was to go - in this case the autographed one that Glenn signed.
    As far as Exploitation of Glenn -well :-
    1. Knowing him well - he is not going to have much to say on the matter for sure.
    2. I dont see any of what I did as exploitation - Jimi Hendrix is dead, as is John Bonham, Bon Scott et al - they are constantly having memorabilia sold in their name - is it ok to exploit dead people?
    3. Gicut58 has expressed an interest in the guitar if the buyer doesnt come thru - is he now part of the "exploitation"?

In finishing - the guy who has bid on the guitar has not replied, paid or made any effort to contact me and arrange to get it - therefore I still have it - would YOU, purplemusic, like me to send it to you for free?

I hope this offends no-body on here - I too have expressed opinions. If someone is offended - I apologise profusely. I hope this matter can now be closed - but I am sure someone will want to say more?

Kind wishes

Dpurpleface

GUYS - IN MY DEFENCE.............................................

PURPLEMUSIC - AS A "TRUE FAN" AS YOU PUT IT - I ALREADY HAVE ONE SIGNED BY GLENN (AND IAN GILLAN, DON AIREY, STEVE MORSE, IAN PAICE, NIC SIMPER, ROGER GLOVER)I.E. MY "DEEP PURPLE" MEMBERS GUITAR!
    AND I AM WORKING ON RITCHIE BLACKMORE AND COVERDALE AND LORD. SO I DIDNT NEED THIS ONE. ANYWAY - THE GUY HASNT PAID ME YET OR RESPONDED TO HIS E-MAIL. I WILL ALSO ASK GLENN TO SIGN ANOTHER ONE - IN SEPTEMBER AS ONE OF THE LUCKY VIP GUESTS IN THE ROBIN - ANY OTHER "TRUE FANS" GOING TO THAT?
    IN RESPONSE TO "GETTING IT SIGNED TO SELL ON EBAY" THE REASON FOR THAT IS SIMPLE - TO BUY MORE GLENN RELATED STUFF (EVEN THOUGH I HAVE MORE STUFFTHAN MOST "TRUE FANS". WHY AM I JUSTIFYING MYSELF??????? ) hughes thrall rulez - PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR DEFINITION OF A TRUE FAN SON SHINE? (i SEE YOU HAVE BEEN A MEMBER HERE FOR ALL OF.......2 MONTHS!) (oh and i see you "got into glenn last year when you discovered deep purple" (YOUR POST NOT MINE!)- cant get any truer that can you?)
    RANT OVER.................THANK YOU!
    NOW WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A FAMILY - WHATS GOING ON HERE????

Chutsler - yes I would have liked more, but the buyer hasnt even bothered to get back to me yet so it may become available again (or should I just keep it if he doesnt pay and please everyone and become a "TRUE FAN"?. Shame that Glenns signature doesnt command more, but hey?

Hi Glenn - just heard that you playing acoustic show at Bedford for the Deep Purple 40th Convention. Cant wait to see you again. See you in Liverpool (thankfully AT LAST - Thank Carl for me - been wanting this for ages) and of course see you in Wolverhampton and London too.

Take care and Good Luck with the new album!

Steve (Cop from Liverpool).

I have this CD now and I have to say it is good to get it officially. Inside the cover is DOES say LICENCED BY ROBIN GEORGE - how true that is I don't know. I know we are encouraged not to buy stuff like this but the sound is awsome - its either remixed from the bootleg stuff I have or THAT bootleg is so muddy that it makes this "official" release sound so good and refreshed.
    I would gladly pay Glenn and Robin their share of royalties that they have missed out on from my copy.

Dpurpleface

http://www.code7music.com/store/index.ph…products_id=794