Posts by Damian

For me (& I'm showing my age here!) it was Burn when it first came out after which I bought Play Me Out on vinyl and that was it; hooked! Was lucky enough to see Glenn with Sabbath at the Hammersmith Odean but not lucky enough to see him with Purple.
    Seen him loads since then and we should be honoured that he produces so much music!
    Damian

Hi Keith

A great review with excellent comments all of which I totally agree with. I was there again last night and thought the sound had more clarity than Bradford. The show was superb and Glenn really does give it his all....every time! I would like to see younger bands give half the energy and committment that Glenn constantly does.
    Another wonderful and soulful experience!
    Thanks Glenn, JJ and band.

I have seen Glenn many times including all his shows at the Rio and last night was one of the best. After a long wait the band and crowd really got into the music including the new songs. I wasnt sure about Orion but woke up this morning with it going through my head so it is definitely growing on me!

I wasnt too bothered about hearing Mistreated once again but Glenn did an excellent job with a vocal climax at the end which was just amazing and one only Glenn could ever achieve.

JJ used his "new toy" quite a bit and I was a bit unsure about it, as I think Glenn was at one stage! However, the whole band gave their all and it makes such a difference when you can see how much they enjoy it.

Looking forward to Sheffield when I was told by the Merch lady that they will have taken delivery of the FFF cds (initially in time for London).

See you there!

Are you aware of this?.............From John Lawton Band website

Carmine Appice (OZZY OSBOURNE, BLUE MURDER, VANILLA FUDGE) and Paul Shortino (ROUGH CUTT, QUIET RIOT, HEAVEN & EARTH) are the latest musicians to confirm their guest appearances on the upcoming CD from MOONSTONE, the new project of Italian guitarist Matteo Filippini. Appice and Shortino will be heard on the song "Pictures of My Lonely Days".

The musical direction of MOONSTONE is being described as "genuine British-oriented '70s classic rock," not a million miles removed from the likes of FREE, JIMI HENDRIX and DEEP PURPLE. Among the other musicians that have recorded guest appearances for the project are Glenn Hughes (DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH), Graham Bonnet (RAINBOW, MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP, ALCATRAZZ, IMPELLITTERI, BLACKTHORNE), Eric Bloom (BLUE ÖYSTER CULT), John Lawton (ex-URIAH HEEP) and Tony Franklin (ex-BLUE MURDER, WHITESNAKE).

MOONSTONE's "Time To Take A Stand" CD is tentatively due in early 2005.

Hi David

Thanks for the reply. The list below is what I do not have. Can you recommend the essential stuff I should get (hey dont say all!!).

Appreciate the feedback so far.

Great site!

Cheers.

Lynch Mob - same (1992)
    George Lynch - Sacred Groove (1993)
    Manfred Ehlert's Amen - same (1994)
    Brazen Abbot - Live And Learn (1995)
    Liesegang - No Strings Attached (1996)
    Amen - Aguilar (1996)
    Nikolo Kotzev - Nostradamus (2001)
    Max Magagni - Twister (2001)
    Chris Catena - Freak Out! (2003)
    Aina - Days of Rising Doom (2003)

I'm new to the Forum but have logged on many times. I am a hugh Glenn fan and seen him many times in the UK since the From Now On tour. Also saw him with Sabbath at the Hammy Odeon in the eighties. Interesting! Anybody else?

I also have a lot of his guest appearance material incl. Mollo, Norum, Highlander 2, and wondered what you recommend that I might not have.

Suggestions please?