Posts by tom.hiles

Quote from wolfysmith

what worries me about this show is that the Arrow site says a Classic DP and Sabbath show. That is a big mistake if true. The setlist should be the same as the Soul Mover tour. What does Glenn keep saying about not living in the past and going forward with his music. Glenn should be wanting people to buy his new stuff after seeing him, not going home and playing Made in Europe or Live in London.

How long a set will Glenn be allowed to play?

I respectfully disagree. One of Uli Jon Roth's (my guitar hero) major faults on the Legends of Rock UK Tour for example was that he didn't do a classic set. The audience expected such from a "Legends of Rock" Concert and thus didn't receive him as well, whereas Glenn did a fantastic classic set and really god a lot of positive feedback and reveiws, energy from fans that attended the shows. I think those performances gave him a platform to then reach out a little more into new territory with the Songs in the Key of Rock tour in the UK, as well as the HTP performances getting his name back out there.

I think Soul Mover is a successful album, but I think you are overlooking the fact that he had to tour a lot in the first place to be able to do a tour where he could play so much new material.

The Arrowrock IS a classic rock festival, and the very fact that it is a festival at all, and thus means that almost no band will get to do a full set, means that you have to perform to the demands of the show. If it was a blues, jazz festival for example and an artist commits himself to that then he should perform music that is more in tune with the audience and other acts.

I would have thought that the healthy thing to do, since I guess the set to be about 50-60mins, is to do the classic set he did circa LOR tour: Stormbringer, Keep on Moving, Mistreated, Burn, Gypsy, then a couple of songs off Soul Mover, one from Black Sabbath period, and then maybe a cover or two.

The arrowrock, from experience, is a festival about nostalgia, but not purely nostalgia if you know what I mean. It's a celebration of classic rock music that so many people love, and so they attend the festival expecting to hear classic music. I still think Glenn's music, especially SITKOR, IS in a classic rock style, but if you commit to the bill you have to perform I think this certain type of music.

Thanks David

I have to admit I was a little disappointed in the setlist itself when I saw Glenn in London recently, but that was my only complaint... the actual performances of the songs were outstanding.

The original tour would have been awesome though. Shame it was cancelled... I suspect we would have also got a Soul Mover return leg anyway.

Tom

Quote from martial

Glenn is confirmed to play the 11th june in Netherlands at this festival.

http://www.arrowclassicrockfestival.nl/

That will rock so much!! The Arrow rock last year was awesome: Scorps, G3, Eric Burdon, Ten Years AFter, Yes, Alice Cooper, Golden Earring, UFO, Motorhead, Caravan and more all at the same festival! This year looks even more awesome now! I can't make it I don't think but that would rock! Anyone who can go should!!

Tom