Posts by Ian

Really looking forward to this. I had a tape of the full show way before the vinyl. Lots of good memories of Space truckin.

All I need now is to get Stormbringer released and them to find the CTTB tapes.

Just downloaded You Keep On Moving. Is it just me (perhaps the video quality), or are there different angles. I've had a copy for several years and from what I can see there is. I will just have to reinvestigate.

The sound is good and well synched(!). Surely there must be more of this stuff, rest of the band? What about the World In Action stuff (Heavy Metal Pioneers, Stormbringer?), does any of the band know - Glenn? I would love to see more of this stuff - huge GH/TB fan.

For now I will just need to go look at my copy.

Ian

Hi soulmover2005

I had a quick listen to my (old) Glasgow tape and the Liverpool gig. I think that what you have is the 2nd night at Wembley. I have both nights there, and the 13th March gig is the one you can hear all you have mentioned.

That 2nd gig isn't bad at all.

Ian

Gordo, I have the lot now ,except the Leicester gig. I must say that musically they are all similar, though the 1st Wembley show was collectively poor. The 2nd night at Wembley was one of the first tapes I managed to get a hold of and Gettin Tighter just blew me away - still does, the band (and singers) were so much more up for it and played well.

At Glasgow it was LOUD (my first gig). Again though, the band play well(until the solos). We even get a 4-5min chat from Jon Lord, re previous visits to Glasgow with the band.

Aside from Glenn and Davids issue, the gigs are fine until the solos, then they manage to pull it together again. Tommy was an easy target at that time. Blackmore was god for many, and people just don't want to listen - no matter who. I think that Tommy was mor flexible than Ritchie, for me that what was exciting and original. I had been brought up on Machine Head, MIJ, Burn etc. But when I heard CTTB and Teaser, I was a changed man - they still have that effect.

Well I would just like to update a few things. I now have a copy of the gig, and like Gordo mentions, that man Tommy is certainly playing well. Infact musically, it really is quite exciting in places Infact I must say from the other gigs I have, London and Glasgow, it is on a par with the 2nd Wembley show. Wish we could get that soundboard copy.

Thanx to John.

Have'nt been back here for a while. Sorry. Iwas listening to the Glasgow 76 gig, it really isn't that bad (tape quality is poor) If you ignore the solos, Tommy is realy playing pretty well ok. Have picked up from the variousforums, that the next evening may not be that bad either.

I would love to see the footage that Glenn has, or the World At Large stuff.