Posts by James Gaden

Maybe it's just because I'm a big Coverdale fan, but I love this DVD. The overdubs are something I'd rather not discuss, because I don't know enough to comment. I paid to see them live and they were shit hot. I've seen them three times since they returned in 2002 and each time they've been better. The DVD doesn't sound a great deal difefrent to when I last saw them, which was two days before the DVD was shot. And as mentioned, if there are little touch ups here and there, good for David for making sure his product is as good as it can be.

Sure David's voice isn't what it once was, but compare that to 1997 when it looked like Whitesnake were done for good - there's not many guys in their 50's who can sing like David. We've been spoiled with Glenn because his voice is just beyond compare.

Bigger news for me is that according to melodicrock.com the DVD has hit top 5 all over Europe and top 20 in the US, with virtually no promotion whatsoever. That can only be a good thing!

JG

Slip Of The Tongue is my favourite Whitesnake album because it's the one that got me into them - but two of my other close favourites are 'Come And Get It' and 'Trouble', so I'm open to all the work. The new DVD is as good as anything of theirs though - I'm really happy with that. Corking show! Not bad for a band that have actually been retired twice!

JG

Ooooh, good news indeed. I wonder what sort of beast these two will create this time? The first record was unique and ahead of it's time, and Pat and Glenn have come such a long way since then....

Oooh, the anticipation! :)

JG

Hi Guys,

Wow, it's been WAY too long since I was last on here. How time flies!

Huge thanks to everyone for their well wishes - it's a testament to the family that I can be away so long and not only do people wish me well, they still remember who I am! :lol:

In answer to Wolfy's question, I'm still a graphic artist, I still work for Fireworks, and I now run a forum I made for the magazine, as well as co-admin the WWE Forum which is a huge thing for me as I'm sure most people remember, I'm something of a fanatic. But never mind that, I've got some serious reading to do because I intend to be back here full time again.

Nice to see so many of the regulars names still present! :thumbup:

Cheers!
    JG

Last I heard Mr Coverdale attended a meetibng with various record company guys to try and resolve the issue, but no date has been put on it. Only Amazon to my knowledge have speculated, and clearly fed up with the constant changes they have posted an optimistic release date of January 2020 :lol:

JG

I would have to say, just to play Devil's advocate, that Glenn can't sing "Killer Queen". But, I can't imagine anybody but the late great Freddie nailing that baby.

And Glenn more than made up for it with his version of "Get Down Make Love" on the Dragon Attack predecessor!

JG

A belated Happy Birthday Grace! Hope you had a great time, and somebody played you the "Happy Birthday Hempo" tape so you got a taste ot your own medicine!

JG

Jerklund - if you surf over to my Solitary Vision website there is a page on Fireworks with all the contact details required for sample issues or subsciption. You can subscribe to Fireworks by mailing the editor, Bruce, at the address shown. 6 issue subscriptions (a year effectively) for UK cost £24, Europe £27 and anywhere else £36. If you have any problems getting hold of one drop me an email and I'll see if I can help out.

Nice one Keith! :lol: The good news is the reason I create such stunning artwork is my fingers caress the keys in the same way I would with a woman, so I'm in good form. Roll up, roll up you lucky, lucky ladies.

JG

Ladies and gentlemen, it is with a great deal of pride that I unveil the newest issue of Fireworks, the second largest thing I've ever created in my career - it masquerades as a telephone directory this month weighing in with a gargantuan 92 pages! We've got Alice Cooper, Harem Scarem, Journey, Blackmore's Night, Yngwie and I bagged one of my heroes, Chris Jericho from Fozzy! There's stacks to read, and it's all the fun you can have for £4.00 without being arrested.

Please support this fine publication and keep this talented Mac Operator, artist and writer eating for the next few weeks.

JG

My best mate's little lad is already showing great taste. He does a kind of demented dance to "Devil's Road" and was absolutely transfixed by Jeff Scott Soto singing Queen on DVD! :D

JG

That's your story Chip, and you're sticking to it. You must have seriously thumbed through it in the shop to find that if that's the only reason you bought it! :lol:

JG