Posts by Prester

As a bassist/singer who recently had to end my involvement in my own band; I understand all of the politics of ending a musical relationship.

It bums me out immensely that I never got to see BCC live. But I know that eventually, I will get to see Glenn kick major booty onstage.

I guess for now, I will just have to listen to my BCC albums and watch the live DVD over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over....

And somehow, get through the disappointment.

To give you an idea; here is the set list we are doing for a show tomorrow night:

Speed King
    Pictures of Home
    Space Truckin'
    Strange Kinda Woman
    Burn
    Lazy
    Child In Time
    Bad Attitude
    Hush - (with crowd involvement)
    Perfect Strangers
    Mandrake Root (PT 1)
    Black Night
    Mandrake Root (PT 2)
    Knocking At Your Back Door
    Smoke On The Water
    Woman From Tokyo (with crowd involvement)

Encore:
    Highway Star

For the last twenty years, I have pretty much used Rickenbacker basses exclusively.

Currently I have a 2003 '4003' bass and a 2012 '4003'.

On the 2003, I use Rotosound RS66LD strings which are standard gauges that really punch.

On the 2012, I use D'Addario strings in custom gauges that are the same as the strings from the factory. .045, .055, .075, .105. The bass played so well that I have never changed gauges.

My question (finally) that I can't find the answer to anywhere is; what gauges is Glenn using? I know that he's using D'Addario, but not what gauges. I am always trying to tweak with gauges to find just the right blend and feel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is the album that sucked me in!

I had heard of Black Country Communion last year while watching "That Metal Show". They all only had great things to say about the album and the band.

And they weren't kidding. When I got the album, the first few seconds of "The Outsider" sucked me into a vortex of musical mayhem and thrashed my ears around until the end of the CD!

From that moment, I was completely hooked on BCC! When I got the "Live Over Europe" album, I almost blacked out from the amazing quality of the musical presentation of a perfect rock & roll show. Every note played is pure genius.

I have to point out that I was seriously bummed about the bands' breakup, having never had the opportunity to see them live.

I highly recommend this album to anyone who enjoys high quality hard rock.

Prester here!

I'm a musician from the past 34 years.

I started off as a drummer but, through the years have gone through guitar, keyboards and now, thirty-four years later I am happy to call myself a bassist, first and foremost. Well, technically a bassist since 1982.

Glenn has been a huge influence on me as a bass player. Other influences include, Chris Squire, Geddy Lee, Geezer Butler and John Paul Jones.

Currently, I am the bassist in a tribute to "Deep Purple" called "Highway Star". I am also the lead vocalist/bassist/keyboardist for an original prog-rock band called "Interval". All while doing New Age music in the style of Vangelis under the name "Calico Beach Project".

I'm very happy to be among you all.

Cheers!

Prester