Posts by wolfysmith

it was another amazing performance not just by Glenn, but the whole band. And the Dead Sea Skulls went down really well too. How Ash can do 45 minutes with them then another 2 hours with Glenn is incredible given the energy and power he put into both of them.

I had a good chat backstage with Glenn before the show and he was looking and feeling great. He isnt finished yet for the year as next week he is back in France for 2 weeks putting down the final vocals for the Daisies.

Glenn said this is the end of the Purple stuff now but as he likes to keep on moving :D and challenging himself he's got the DD to focus on along with other stuff next year.

Also, big shout out - including from Glenn during a song - to Mike Dowson who was attending his 200th Glenn Hughes show covering all the different bands and solo stuff over the years.

Amazingly it was also 23 years to the day that i first met Glenn - on the Addiction tour in Wolverhampton. The rest is history... :thumbup:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

As far as i am aware, Tom is sitting on all the demos & masters etc so its all down to him to release such stuff.
    Some of the songs Mel and Tom (lyrics) wrote during that period, potentially for Trapeze as well as Phenomena, ended up on Slide It In with DC paying off Tom so could use his own lyrics and thus make more money and keep control of the songs.

Some of the songs with Mel singing are online as bootlegs.

He was supposed to be lead vocals on Did It All For Love but when he got to the studio John Wetton had already done it!

As to Glenn appearing in a live Phenomena show, that is extremely unlikely after what happened several years ago with regards a festival appearance. i think it was Sweden Rocks but could be wrong. It's on the site here somewhere.

I've been told by a reliable source ;) that the drummer will be Pip Mailing.

if you are a Quireboys fan then you may recognise the name as he played on the “Well Oiled” and “Homewreckers And Heartbreakers” albums plus a live DVD. During the period he was with them they opened for Whitesnake, Dave Lee Roth, Alice Cooper and UFO plus at Wacken and Sweden Rocks festivals.

He's also played with Albert Lee and James Burton

6 dates now official - a reliable source ;) tells me they are aiming for 10 in total.

Birmingham 11th September @ The Asylum - with support from Buzzard Tickets
    Bradford 12th September @ Nightrain - support TBC - Tickets
    Chester 13th September @ The Live Rooms - with support from Blazing Swagger - Tickets
    Stoke 15th September @Eleven - with support from Silverchild - Tickets
    London 16th September @The Unicorn, Camden - with support from Helen Hurd & The Mavericks Tickets
    Ipswich 20th September @The Music Room - support tbc Tickets

Not official on here until David says ;) but these are on Facebook

Date Venue Status
    14 May 2019 Holmfirth Picturedrome Rescheduled to 23 Nov 2019

17 May 2019 O2 Birmingham Institute Rescheduled to 29 Nov 2019
    18 May 2019 Norwich UEA Rescheduled to 20 Nov 2019

21 May 2019 Salisbury City Hall Rescheduled to 17 Nov 2019

5 dates now official -

Birmingham 11th September @ The Asylum - with support from Buzzard Tickets
    Bradford 12th September @ Nightrain - support TBC - Tickets
    Chester 13th September @ The Live Rooms - with support from Blazing Swagger - Tickets
    London 16th September @The Unicorn, Camden - with support from Helen Hurd & The Mavericks Tickets
    Ipswich 20th September @The Music Room - support tbc Tickets

Message from JJ