Posts by Sigurd

:cool: this setlist is perfect, and i'd love to hear the "Superstition" cover.
    Glenn always has a good choice with coversongs. Remember "A Whiter Shade Of Pale" and "Nights In White Satin".

:cool: Ian Paice is so unique, because there is so much more than to be the fastest drummer or technical brillantest drummer.
    It is the feel of wonder, the astounding of a little boy so joyous to make music.
    And he don't care about the drawer, if something is rock or blues or jazz or folk, he's never pretending, he just starts to play great music.
    It is a magic moment when he takes seat behind his drumkit and begins to work on the hi-hat.
    Trapezoid, i think the same.

greets
    Sigurd

:cool: Blue, your interesting theory of feeling comfortable when in control and feeling exhausted to be not, is something i think many times about, not only in the case of Bonamassa's leaving.
    I can imagine someone needs to be in control for normal allday life, i would agree, but on stage you are another persona and here you might need other pleasures for your personal Needs, for example breaking Limits, improvisations on stage are always out of control.
    Maybe Bonamassa tends to be on stage more like his normal life persona, he might be not such an artist with an artist alter ego. Bowie has done a lot of alter ego stuff. By the way good thing for your mind.

greets
    Sigurd

:cool: Lioness, you are right, the tickets were sold out soon. I had luck and an old mate.
    Thanx for the videoclip, yes the luminious sticks showed in fact the speed of Ian Paice' drumming. And when you have the chance to here the natural sound of the drumkit 'cos you're near by, you notice the enormous dynamic of his playing.
    You could hear both drummers were strong influenced by the old swing drummers, Gene Krupa and others, Pete York at one time played with his hands, great!

greets
    Sigurd

...were on last Friday in Paderborn in the Heinz-Nixdorf Museum as opener of the superdrumming festival.
    They played both on stage and told us anekdotes of their lifes.
    Pete York who worked the last years with komedian Helge Schneider had some real jokes on board, an artist with a wonderful humor and a gentleman from heart, telling us about the friendship with Ian Paice over the years.
    Ian Paice was a busy talker too answering questions from the audience like Pete York did.
    I asked Ian Paice about the way of working together with classical orchestras, and he loved to tell us the difference between the "One" in a rockband and the "One" going up from a classical conductor.
    And the story about the coda after the drumsolo in the royal albert hall with the concerto was funny to hear, and much more.
    And hearing both drummers jammin' together with lots of swing grooves was so great. Thank you so much Ian Paice and Pete York!:claphands:claphands

greets
    Sigurd

:cool: now what? - whatever as a new chapter !
    This is an DP album the fans were waiting a long time for, not only big grooves, big riffs, big screams but a round piece of music.
    Great songwriting, hard stuff lyrics, much of the Machine Head spirit, virtuously and free flying through different keys and styles, flashing up some Eagles... Doors.., much melodies and much more stories have been told.
    The hammond organ played by Don Airey is bony dry, noisy and creaky like an old castle's door, very dominant, good so.
    Ian Gillan sings as good like in the seventies, deeper of course but every note intense. Steve Morse' guitarplaying has got some really beautiful mystic moments, like flying colours, ha ha.
    The whole production sounds very directly, warm, human, showing the qualities of playing together musicians, you hear no machines.
    The great "into the face" sound reminds me of "Made In Japan" sometimes,
    the organ part in "Hell To Pay" for example.
    Bob Ezrin did a masterful job, you can hear how important the overall view and vision of a good producer is.
    And last but not least i'd say the album has got a lot of Jon Lords music.
    This band is in balance, and they are surprising again after all this time.

Jesus, You suffered and died for us. You understand suffering. Teach me to understand my suffering as You do; to bear it in union with You; to offer it with You to atone for my sins and to bring your grace to souls in need. Calm my fears; increase my trust. May I gladly accept your holy will and become more like You in trial. If it be your will, restore me to health so that I may work for your honor and glory and the salvation of all. Amen

A beautiful prayer i found for Mr. William Hughes.
    with best wishes
    Sigurd

Hello friends and interested GH fans,

:cool: i got a new song for you to listen to, the first chords and harmonies are strong influenced by Glenn's "Music For The Divine" album.

i added some a bit strange sounding keybooard notes and for me the whole song drifted into a kinda floydish atmosphere.

The guitar is picked in a Tommy Bolin inspired mood, taking the middle pickup on my Strat and wadin' through sololines. Please...

Enjoy and listen to it now!
    http://soundcloud.com/sigurd-k…rd-kross-wading-through-a

greets
    Sigurd
    :bouncer:

:cool: hm...not as easy to say what are my favorite life albums.
    But right at the moment i'd say:

1. Deep Purple Made In Europe (so powerful and super big sounding)
    2. Deep Purple Made In Japan (it is a monster of improvisation)
    3. Black Country Communion Live Over Europe
    4. Pink Floyd Pulse

greets
    Sigurd

:cool: the name Black Country Communion matters a lot i think.
    Because it belongs to Glenn and Jason coming from the Black Country and going back to the Black Country, this is a wonderful story behind that name,(...) "a communion of souls"..., but it had not as immensly much to do with Bonamassa i think.
    If the bands name was "big apple" it would have been different,ha ha.

But so then there were three ( wasn't that another band?) and they carry on and sure will find another great bandname! :bouncer:
    greets
    Sigurd

:) Willem and Trapezoid, friends thanx for your response so many times!
    And i'm cooking something together just this time and it makes a lot of joy, :D
    you know.

greets
    Sigurd Kross