this from :

http://www.guitars101.com/foru…ng-rock-guitar-40956.html
    johnnygyno
    Starving Artist

johnnygyno is on a distinguished road

Quote:
    Originally Posted by spraggins View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Can anyone help out with the sound files from the Improvising Rock Guitar flexi disc , would appreciate any help.My flexi disc is totally unplayable !

regards
    Chris

So, you're looking for Improvising Rock Guitar, eh? Here's a link to the book + audio:

http://www.zshare.net/download/1360930823c2212f

Bring this one back in print!!, Feb 13 2008
    By Patrick Taylor (Canada) - See all my reviews
    (REAL NAME)
    Back when this book first came out, in the early `70s, I was just starting to learn guitar. I learned more useful stuff from this book than probably any other source, teacher, whatever. The lessons start out simple, but they teach a beginning guitarist what blues scale is, why it's so useful, and how it can be used for improvisation. Improvisation is the rock guitarist's stock-in-trade. If you can't step in to a song and start to create something original to compliment it, then you're pursuing the wrong pastime!

Part one of the book is mainly scale and mode oriented. You learn basic licks and riffs. Part 2, things get complicated. Pat Thrall, the gifted guitarist who played alongside Pat Travers in his band, is your main instructor in this section. He teaches you about style, about how to follow a song's changes, and how to build from simple to flashy and complicated, without sounding like a wanker.

The book came with a 33 RPM flexi-disc, back when it was first issued. Perhaps a reprint of this book could include a CD-ROM, or better yet, just put the whole book on CD_ROM!

Hello there ! i'm new to the forum........and it's a long story to tell, how i arrive there....

First of all i'm a huge fan of Glen & pat, but to be honest i was seeking desperately for the
    recording version of improvising rock guitar i bought in the 90's and due to several translocation i lost the small "plastic vinyl" and hoooo God it was the first edition of 1973 (my birth year!!!)...........So it seems that i need to post 10 messages to be able to dowload your files and hope it'll be the mp3 of the holy recordings!!!!!

Could you please help me????

thanks a lot and sorry for my "school english" i'm just a frog!!!!

Bless you all. Pedro

pier.thiebaud@laposte.fr

progressocial@hotmail.com

www.myspace.com/pedroalandaluz