Posts by wjones14

Trapeze was somewhat known in New England. I played drums back in high school, and while working a summer I met a co-worker who asked me to try jamming with his band. This guy played a little bit of guitar, keyboards, and drums, but was mainly the vocalist. And he introduced me to Trapeze by singing the highlights of the album, with an excellent impression of Glenn's vocals! Later I found the Medusa 8-track tape easily enough in a local record store for my car, and I was hooked on Hughes...

A few years later, around 1975/76, another local bar band had several Hughes tunes in their set list, including "What is a Woman's Role" and "Getting Tighter."

Trapeze definitely was not a household name by any means, but those in the know were familiar with them.

I still live in the same area today, and recently one of our local newspaper writers started a blog where he was talking about great but relatively unknown music of the '70s, and at the top of his list was Trapeze! So I added a comment to his blog and we exchanged several emails after that discussing all things Hughes :cool: