Posts by glithd

Thought the Burn Remaster was excellent.

Not sure I totally buy into keeping the strange sound at the start of You Fool No One or the comments from Mr C before Mistreated but the album does sound mighty fine.

It always was a classic album but it was never able to properly shine. It does now and goes straight to the top of the DP classic album list.

The whole band were on top form from Ritchie's breathtaking guitar work, Jon's funked up organ sounds and the wonderful partnership of Paicey and our Glenn. The discovery of a voice the calibre of Mr C's was just the icing on the cake.

What a debut album from DP Mk III.

That sounds like the same attic then Chip. He implied there were racks of gear grouped into racks by decade. Even just a few photos posted on here would be fascinating.

If there's some that could be tracked back to classic concerts or video footage such as the California Jam then that would be fascinating.

I imagine he has loads of stuff at his parents and some at home in LA as well as in storage somewhere. As you say if not properly looked after will just all just fall apart.

Think the Stormbringer remaster is excellent.

Simple love the instrumental High Ball Shooter. It sounds so different without vocals and I simply hadn't realised (despite being a fan for over 30 years) just how brilliant Ritchie was at playing rhythym guitar !

Glenn has done an excellent job of the remixes and has managed to bring out the sheer quality of the songs which were originally overshadowed by the success and praise heaped on the Burn album and which people found slightly disappointing at the time.

Glenn mentioned on Twitter recently that he was rummaging around his parents' attic when he was last in the UK.

He mentioned that he had loads of "clobber" dating back years and particularly mentioned a lime green suit he used to wear !

I replied to him saying it would be fascinating to see some of the clothes he used to wear back in the 70's and 80's.

What do people think ?

Thanks and yes. It's well worth following Glenn.

You get some wonderful insights into what he's doing.

Can't really believe how much time he spends in airports ! He always seems to be going somehere or other.

Totall absorbing and fascinating.

:)

Hi Everyone.

New here but have been a life long fan of Glenn. Have also been using twitter for a while now and am following Glenn of course.

I encourage you all to "follow" him - he'll follow you back in line with twitter etiquette and you may even be lucky and get a reply to some tweets - I did and it absolutely made my day !!!!

Go on - you know you want to !