Posts by glazosifo

I wonder if Glenn will cast his eyes and ears on Kat Marsh.
    'Can't Compete' has got funk/soul deeply infused and she can play and sing and them some.
    Kat is now fronting 'Lionface' who I am going to see at The Garage in Highbury
    London 21/4/15.
    Incinerate,Hunted,Girl,Blue Heart Rate are Lionface tunes worthy of your attention.

Mervyn Spence, best known to people on here as owner of the rights to the Phenomena Project, was in the local paper this week as he's broke and facing eviction.

Normally I'd feel sorry for him but he failed to pay Mel or Glenn any royalties despite a large amount (over 1 million) of sales over the years. He even put out the triple cd Phenomena set with un-authorised rehearsal demos on!

Where did all the money go - certainly not to the right people!

It's a small world,I met Meryvn through Coach House studio in Lichfield, Staffs.I was was peddling a song I had co-written.Mervyn played me a spanishy acoustic rendering of 'Still The Night' at the time.

A great featurette.It's great Jon was willing to do some 'press' on CTTB in particular.
    Glenn & Jon featured prominently in the 'Phoenix Rising' package.I like many of you readers lapped this up but I also wanted:
    A 'classic albums' treatment of CTTB..knob twiddling aplenty,faders flying and mountainous ''muting''.Examples of GH and IP 'locking in'
    TB's guitar oozing from every pour..DC's majesterial pipes..you get the drift!
    From MK3 Jon expanded his Kbd arsenal to compiment the soul-funk influences.Come MK4 Jon was right ''on it'' though mixed down than previously our ears were accustomed too.

I was happy to caught the reformed line-up at the Hammersmith in '93(?) supporting Fish
    for the Andy Fields benefit and in '94 at The Robin in Bilston.I recall a Metal rock show on UK TV which Phil Alexander fronted where Trapeze played 'Coast To Coast'.No You Tube footage yet?
    Glazo SiFo

What a..blinking shame that GH won' t be there.
    A once in a life time occassion with a live DVD production to capture the onstage sensibilities of Marsden,Murray,Bailey & Co with our man out front.
    Sob..sob

Haunted,Distant Voices,Dance With The Devil from Phenom.
    Try & Take My Love & Hold Out Your Life.
    Stormbringer,Holy Man & The Gypsy recuts.
    Angry Heart/In Memory & The Healer,Right To Live & Shake The Ground.
    Picking Up The Pieces & Homeland,The Death Of Me & Blue Jade.
    Against The Grain & Inside & Above.Beyond The Numb

If you have time check out 'Lionface' tracks ''Blue Heart Rate'' & ''Hunted'' featuring Kat Marsh..a Bassist & Vocalist who can go from a soulful dance vibe to out 'n' out rock mode.Not unlike our main man in that respect. The genre is listed as 'Industrial Pop'.
    'Lionface' are based in the west of England.Seek them out on You Tube & Facebook.
    I am in my early 5O's & it is the first time a new artist has inspired me to go & buy 'new' stuff.

I think Glenn has done 'Mistreated' to death.What about putting 'Pheonix Rising' & 'Kiss Of Fire' back in the set.'Haunted' or 'Still The Night' 'Fools Condition' would be great to hear live.
    Seeing Glenn Performing 'Play Me Out' Live onstage in its entirety that would be a dream come true!

I think think 'Incense & Peaches 2' starting from some 'Play Me Out' outtakes,Robin George collaboration, & whatever else Glenn wants to unlock from his archives would be a great gesture from Glenn to his fan base.Or even double it up Vols 1 & 2? as the original is hard to find.
    Throw in some DVD footage featuring Trapeze reunion gigs & hard to find promos..& wrap it all up in a boxset set!

It would have been interesting if GH would have switched the being a second guitarist behind Mel.In retrospect a Keyboardist would have been more natural progression for Trapeze on stage circa '73.
    Or what about a Brass section like The Average White Band?
    If Glenn ever decided to play his 'Play Me Out' album onstage in it's entirety then Keyboards & a Brass section would be the way to go
    oh yeah ..& some female backing vocalists of course!

I feel Joe's musical link up with Beth Hart is more natural thing for him & his playing.
    Good luck to him & Beth.Glenn has worked with more sympathetic guitarists before
    the BCC project namely Jeff Kolman & JJ Marsh.I would like to Glenn & Pat Thrall take it out on the boards but I am a realist ditto Mr Blackers