Posts by glazosifo

After the melodic rock and occasionally soulful elements in 'From Now On','Burning Japan Live' consolidated Glenn's re-emergence.The Voice was truely back & sounding better than ever to my ears.It was curious Glenn hardly played any Bass Guitar on those releases.
    Glenn did play Bass onstage on 'Gettin' Tighter' on B.J.Live.Glenn again strapped on a bass in the studio for 'Feel' arguably one of his funkiest releases.Again Glenn had a Bass player on the payroll for the 'Feel' tour even the 'Addiction' tour.Once Glenn realized that he still is 'the man' on the Bass,that was the real Glenn Hughes back where he belongs.

Would love to hear and see Glenn work with a pumping Brass Section and reboot some choice 'Play Me Out' and Trapeze material along with some tracks from 'Feel'. Glenn could hole up a Stax Records in Memphis, film it for a one off presentation.

btw. been listening to (and liking) Addiction lately a lot... noticed that I'm missing the US pressing with 3 bonus tracks... where are they from? Worth getting?

Way Back To The Bone, Touch My Life, You Fool No One... they were recorded during the 5-show Japanese tour in February 1997. The musicians on the live tracks are JJ Marsh, Sampo Axelsson, Morgan Agren and Lasse Pollack. Definitely worth hunting down :thumbup:

Yes, a very good quality recording. I liked the two Trapeze tracks especially.

Glenn's unique blend of Rock,Funk and Soul.'Resonate' will be Glenn Hughes re-centering himself musically speaking.

I saw Jimmy with 'Dio' Birmingham Odeon on Holy Diver & Last In Line Tour and Donington. Jimmy kept himself busy with the new project 'Last In Line'.
    Blackers recently talked about bringing Jimmy's bass level up on a new mix of 'Rainbow Rising'. That would be very much welcomed by many.

The Hughes/Thrall 'Coast To Coast' is my favourite version. for the way Glenn drives his voice on one particular part. Glenn usually sings it in an airy falsetto way on stage and their is nothing wrong with that by the way..but

I forgot to mention when the DPAS had their fan club get together at a University in Sheffield I remember Karen being there and giving away some Glenn autographs.

A great reminder of the journey all of Glenn's fans have made.
    I met Glenn at Mike Lloyd Records in Wolverhampton signing copies of 'Blues' & 'From Now On' in 94.Glenn was playing The Wulfren Hall that night. John Ogden was with Glenn at the signing.
    Thanks to Karen and Pete

I just wanted to thank retrospectively Karen and Pete Allen who put out The Voice fanzines from '94-'96 in the UK. Karen and Pete kept us informed on Glenn's albums, his tours & reviews. Indeed Glenn wrote a page or two for the magazine in his own handwriting and was in touch with Karen & Pete. This was all pre Computer era for me and the thrill of seeing that A5 envelop on the door mat,remember that feeling folks?
    From time to time I still see photos from the magazine appear on this forum.
    If you are still out their Pete & Karen, a zillion thanks.