Posts by glazosifo

"Jeff Kollman hits the road with Glenn Hughes"

http://bravewords.com/news/gui…ces-shedding-skin-reissue

Burn, Might Just TYL,What's Goin' On Here,You Fool No One,Sail Away,Mistreated,Stormbringer (MK4 funk interlude version please)
    Lady Double Dealer,The Gypsy,Highball Shooter,Dealer,You Keep On Movin', This Time Around/Owed To G'.
    I hope Jimmy Barnes guests to add some harmony vocals where appropriate and feature on Lead Vocals for 'Drifter''Lady Luck' & 'Love Child'.
    I could live without the MK2 stuff but a funked up 'Maybe I'm A Leo' would be cool.

'Live at The London Astoria' is a good audience recording.I enjoyed 'Gone' and a keyboardless 'Might Just Take Your Life' musically treading in AC/DC territory.

Good to reaquaint myself with he quality of the 'The Way It Is'. Nice soulful elements therein amongst the riffage.

I really enjoyed Glenn's appearance on Needle Time-Vintage TV.Featuring a full version of 'Love Child' by MK4,an edited 'Burn' then the promo clip to 'Heavy' and BCC's 'Collide'.Good to hear Mel Galley and Trapeze era getting mentioned.

Glenn was asked about his bass playing and he mentioned hid ''Detroit'' less is more approach.Glenn expanded on the David Bowie period in his life and that Gary Moore being the toppermost of the rockamost of all the guitarists he has worked with.

Good questions by Neil McCormick and Glenn seemed quite at ease.

Glenn was recently interviewed by Neil McCormick of UK based, Vintage TV - the full episode should be online soon :cool1:

https://vintage.tv/shows/needle-time

Nice to see Anders Olinder working with Glenn again. Glenn was playing acoustic and singing.'Songs that eminated from Cannock'.

Apparently Glenn's Grandmother liked the lyrics to 'Seafull'. Trapeze classics 'Seafull','Coast To Coast' & 'Will Our Love End' were featured.

Anders played some nifty bass lines at times to fill out the sound. Anders block chords worked well to emulate RB's guitar solo section on 'Mistreated' which worked well in an unplugged set up.Glorious chord inversions by Anders on the tail section where Glenn improvises vocally.

I thought someone in the John Ogden role could have added some percussion during these performances,but that's a minor quibble.

Nicky Horne(so down to earth no aires or graces) happily mingled with the audience during the interval prior to Glenn's performance.

The evening commenced proper with a rough cut of a forthcoming DVD/Blue Ray MK3 Story- 'Lay Down Stay Down' featuring interviews with legendary Roadie 'Magnet'. New to me was the audio of Glenn singing and playing guitar presumbly with Paice & Lord on the Soul cover 'Some Kinda Wonderful'.More information please somebody?

Nice to meet like minded fans and some of Glenn's inner circle!

Glenn left us by hitting an incredible vocal high note on 'You Keep On Movin'.

I can see Glenn doing a few more of these events in the future. OUT

I agree that the '94 demos don't quite fit in but where else is Glenn going to re-release those two cuts? More songs from the follow up session of '78 would have sat better. Especially if they were of the standard of 'Fools Condition' & 'Getting Near To You' then I would be delighted. Glenn once referred to 'Four On The Floor' as ''Fall on the Floor''. Trapeze's brief '76 US Tour featured 'LA Cut Off' and another tune from the Play Me Out, so if a decent audio could be found from that then that would be welcome addition to the bonus tracks?

After the melodic rock and occasionally soulful elements in 'From Now On','Burning Japan Live' consolidated Glenn's re-emergence.The Voice was truely back & sounding better than ever to my ears.It was curious Glenn hardly played any Bass Guitar on those releases.
    Glenn did play Bass onstage on 'Gettin' Tighter' on B.J.Live.Glenn again strapped on a bass in the studio for 'Feel' arguably one of his funkiest releases.Again Glenn had a Bass player on the payroll for the 'Feel' tour even the 'Addiction' tour.Once Glenn realized that he still is 'the man' on the Bass,that was the real Glenn Hughes back where he belongs.

Would love to hear and see Glenn work with a pumping Brass Section and reboot some choice 'Play Me Out' and Trapeze material along with some tracks from 'Feel'. Glenn could hole up a Stax Records in Memphis, film it for a one off presentation.

btw. been listening to (and liking) Addiction lately a lot... noticed that I'm missing the US pressing with 3 bonus tracks... where are they from? Worth getting?

Way Back To The Bone, Touch My Life, You Fool No One... they were recorded during the 5-show Japanese tour in February 1997. The musicians on the live tracks are JJ Marsh, Sampo Axelsson, Morgan Agren and Lasse Pollack. Definitely worth hunting down :thumbup:

Yes, a very good quality recording. I liked the two Trapeze tracks especially.

Glenn's unique blend of Rock,Funk and Soul.'Resonate' will be Glenn Hughes re-centering himself musically speaking.