Posts by glazosifo

Really hope that the late,great Cozy Powell's' drum sound gets the sonic treatment it deserves. If you've still got the unmixed masters Mr Tom Galley,please crank the guitars up too.

What does the 12 inch mix of 'Still The Night' sound like?
    Is it radically different i.e more guitars?

I heard from a fan who's spoken at length to Tom Galley recently.
    The probability of potential live Phenomena gigs are being negotiated on a better footing.

I am personally going to give Glenn's music of Pimple-dom tour a body swerve.
    The show in North London with Joey Bananas guesting was as good as it is going to get.
    Same set,nothing adventurous to draw me in.
    Unless that is JJ Marsh gets back on Glenn's payroll!

I would be more excited by a Phenomena live show..multi media props etc
    sympathetic to Tom Galley's original idea.
    As JJ played on a more recent Phenomena cd, JJ would be an ideal choice on guitar.

Phenomena Anthology due June 2019.

This release includes an alternate (12 inch mix of 'Still The Night')
    I presume this is the same mix that came out on vinyl back in '85?
    I have never heard it by the way.
    Is it radically different from the original studio cut?
    Is it more Rock flavoured with more Guitars and less Keyboards (ever the optimist!)?

This Anthology set features some long out of print tunes like 'Assassins Of The Night'.
    I presume it is the same mix as before?
    As I alluded too in an earlier post,it would be great to get the versions where Mel Galley handles lead vocals (demos)
    These are surely worthy of an official release?
    A Phenomena Box set with all the remixes new (21 Century) and old are put together in one place for the fans wanting to get their fill of this great project.

Just needs Tom Galley to put a Phenomena Concert together with Glenn Hughes involved.

The mixes on Cozy's cassettes all these years on really make the case for a more 'Rock' mix on certain songs.'Kiss Of Fire' 'Still The Night' 'Phoenix Rising' 'Hell On Wheels'.

Mel's (guide?) vocals are great by the way.If the masters are lost/unavailable then surely with 21st Century technology especially on 'Kiss Of Fire' which is an instrumental on Cozy's cassette mix,Glenn could either 'phone in' a new lead vocal or blend in/overlay on top of the original 1985 master?

Archive CD of unreleased Hughes/Thrall?..that'll do nicely!

Hughes Turner Project Live at The Astoria 2002? (Surely 2003?)
    I saw a terrific clip of 'Seventh Star' by HTP posted by Coast To Coast on You Tube.
    It nearly looked like a pro shot with good sound and visual.Any chance of the full show coming out on DVD?

I read the 2nd Wembley show was certainly better than the first show.
    I haven't seen reviews for Glasgow and Leicester.Glenn has said that he didn't get a wink of sleep on the UK tour and was apparently 'howling like a dog' come the last show.

The hard core Glenn fans,me included will always encourage Glenn to release
    out takes,unreleased material that never fitted an album of the time.
    The unreleased Warner Brothers album is one I would like to get.
    Did MK4 ever 'track' 'It's About Time' ? Anymore form the '78 'Fools Condition' sessions?

I first saw Trapeze at Andy Fields benefit gig in '92 at the Hamersmith Odeon.
    I totally forgot about Mel and 'The Claw' until I got out the venue.Mel Galley played great!

Until now,I was blissfully unaware of Glenn's vocal overdubs on Made in Europe.Though I acknowledge Glenn was called in during the MK4 days to add vocals to the Springfield show with a view to broadcasting that show at that time. All according to the sleeve notes in On The Wings of A Russian Foxbat Long Beach '76 Show.

'Songs In The Key Of Rock' with 'Freak Flag Flyin' is in sync as Glenn was promoting the album. A rare outing for 'In My Blood' on 'Freak Flag'. IMHO F.Flag is on a par and arguably better in places than 'Soulfully Live' and it is a great recording too!

JJ Marsh was playing out of his skin on 'Freak Flag'.
    I still miss JJ,not being up there onstage with Glenn.

I would too! A chance for Glenn to release out-takes or songs that didn't fit on the original cd's. 'Against The Grain' and 'Inside and Above' were stand outs,but lots of variety on Incense and Peaches... some Jazz-Funk touches and great keyboards from Hans Z.

'The Ledge' is one I'd return to from the HTP debut.
    Off the second HTP the track,which eludes me now,
    where Steve Via guested got my attention.
    Regarding BCC,I liked the punch and directness of 'One Last Soul'.
    'Cold' live or studio is a killer-diller.''Little Secrets' with that descending George Harrison-esque chord progression is memorable.
    'Collide' had that Zep-esque stop start riffing that wears a bit thin nowdays but I may warm to it in the context of the new album.
    With BCC previously Glenn's funk-soul leanings were not really represented there-in, a shame.
    A proper Hughes/Thrall new album and Tour would be a dream come true and would trump HTP and BCC for me anyway.