Posts by glazosifo

Wow, I've never noticed this edition, with 'Song For You'. Thank you for posting..

Hughes/Thrall would be the top of my list.

What is your favourite Phenomena album ?. My favourite is Phenomena, which was released in 1985 and the latest one called Psychofantasy.

Ayesha

The debut album is my favourite. I would like an authorized remix, from the original master tapes. It would sound so much better if a remix would lose the mid 80's reverb, back the keyboards off a little, turn the guitar up significantly and get the drums sounding drier, and more natural.

I was reading the sleeve notes to the Rock Candy edition of H/T.

Pat Thrall said the master tapes were lost.

Pat wishes he could have remixed the album to and lose the 80's reverb wash.

The still unreleased tracks that are still up online, deserve a sonic upgrade and packaged in a Hughes/Thrall boxset.

Man this album is so good!!!! Played it Sat on a car trip heading back from Vegas. It's been awhile since I last listened to it all the way through. It hasn't aged or gotten cheesy at all. It's one of the first GH albums I bought when I became a GHCP in 98. I had to listen to Time Will Find the Answer in the gym again tonight and just got goose bumps. The singing is awesome, the guitar playing is awesome, the production, songs- thumbs up.

John

I picked up the recent Rock Candy edition. The album has aged well. I've always enjoyed 'Still The Night' & the title track. 'Good Man Shining' is an overlooked cut.

If you haven't got the individual CDs, this is a welcome collection of all Glenn's lead vocals features, on the Phenomena releases over the years.
    Some may quibble over the running order as it lurches from one decade to the next and all points in-between?
    To my ears the original mix of the Debut has dated severely.
    I would like to a proper remix from the Original Masters of the debut.
    A natural 'Rock' sound on the drums instead of tiny 'egg box' snare.
    Something to honour the memory of the late Cozy Powell.
    Turn the Keyboards down to a sensible level and turn the guitars up!
    Cut back on the over-powering overall reverb wash over the whole mix too.
    The 'Still The Night' 'remix' sounds like someone fooling around on Audacity,
    and not much else.

Thanks to Ken for providing us these two great reminders from our hey days!!

As Glenn has been playing Deep Purple set for two years
    it would be great if Glenn would play the Hughes/Thrall album live in it's entirety onstage.
    Add 'Still The Night' 'Pay The Price' 'You Were Always There' 'Try & Take My Love' etc and the demos to the set list.

Time to push the musical envelope again Glenn!

I have heard about 'Freak Flag' running too fast. I have never really noticed it too much as we're not into the 'Pinky and Perky' zone. Perhaps consider Downloading (for free) 'Audacity' and rectify the tempo accordingly?

I really want to hear what the bonus mix of 'Still The Night' that's on the current 'Phenomena Anthology' cd,is like, before I shell out, if you've got it that is? Do give us a review or your personal highlights from the Live Bootleg Vol 2 live boxset, when time and tide permits. Thanks for responding.

Regarding the live concerts not being from the same tour, I would concur with you.
    For me the bonus live gig from S.I.Y.K.O.R 2003 JB's Dudley (formerly known as 'Freak Flag Flying') is well recorded.
    A great line up with the likes of 'Seventh Star', 'In My Blood' & 'Beyond The Numb' represents the best value re-issue
    & package.

My thoughts exactly.I guess that Glenn had signed to Japanese label Zero around that time and touring and promoting the likes of 'From Now On', 'Feel' and 'Addiction' would have been prioritized by Glenn over a new Trapeze album. It would have been 'good closure' for the classic Trapeze line up though. Maybe Trapeze did some demos around this time?