Posts by willem

On the Label RockClassics US there a now 7 Glenn Hughes albums on coloured vinyl, including Burning Japan, Feel, The Way It is and others.

As I know these editions are limited.

Be fast if you want to catch some of these gems!

I don’t know how they sound but I gonna order some. After all thes years for the first time on lp.

I hope they bring also the Iommi DEP sessions and HTP2 on lp.

Let’s rock!

A lot of Purple related tours are going on in 2019. Were are you going to, or looking for:
    Mine are:

Graham Bonnet Band (March)
    Maybe Don Airey and band (not sure yet because I’ve seen him a lot of times the last years).
    Lachy Doley (May): amazing player, looking forward to this.
    Rainbow I’ve seen last year in Berlin: this year to far away unfortunately.
    Maybe Purpendicular with Ian Paice.
    Doogie White when he comes to Holland.
    GLENN when he comes to Holland.
    Deep Purple for sure when they tour again.
    Maybe CoreLeoni (with Ronnie Romero).
    A lot of great things are going on: looking forward to it: and you, my fellow GLENN fans: wat is your list for 2019?

I’ve been to the show in Zoetermeer last Friday. The venue was already sold out for three months. I (and my rockbuddy)met the band and Glenn in the afternoon and had the chance to to hang out a bit with Ash and Mike.
    Ash is a very nice guy and extremely talented. His solo in You Fool No One was a real highpoint of the show. Amazing what he did on such a small drumkit. One of the best drummers Glenn ever had (and I’ve seen a lot of Glenn shows).
    After the show he gave his sticks to my buddy Theo (who can play drums himself) and Ash showed us some magic tricks with his sticks.
    Amazing afternoon and show thanx to Glenn (Jimmy his PA), Ash, Mike and of course Soren.
    The show: they did the usual setlist, minus one: Burn was the encore.
    What a great show.

Personally I think Pontus was doing very well. He is no Ian Paice, but there is only one Ian Paice: the master himself, the best rock drummer ever.
    Pontus can play Deep Purple and Rainbow stuff: he is now the drummer in the band of JLT and they play a lot of Purple stuff.

Of course I’m looking forward to the Classic Deep Purple shows in the Netherlands. Glenn is superb and I like to hear how Ash Sheehan is doing the songs.

The drummer must be Markus Kullmann from Karlsruhe. He is a huge John Bonham and Ian Paice fan. It seems that he played before with Glenn on the Spain tour in 2013. What I understand is that he played the Sweden Rock Show unrehearsed... and it sounded good!

Good to know that Don is fully recovered. Simon is indeed a master on the guitar. It’s a pity that super bassplayer Laurence Cottle is not with the band this time.

On a international Deep Purple Fan Forum (runboard)I found an alarming post about Don Airey. Don had a show planned in Crocus Hall Moskow on 31-1-2018 (with his band and with Tony Carey and Doogie White). According to the news (translated from a Russian forum) Don was travelling from USA via London to Russia. During the flight from USA to London, Don sharply increased pneumonia. From London airport an ambulance took Don very ill to the hospital. According to what they heard from Don’s son Mike his father was transferred to resusitation. According to the doctors his condition (31-1-2018) is consistently heavy.Very alarming news. So far I could not find any update on Don’s situation. Anybody know how he is doing. Let’s hope he get better soon!

I have seen Joe Satriani multiple times and I can say that I don't miss the vocals in his music. Like the Steve Morse Band, Joe Satriani has something very special: the music tells it all. Only the very, very best have the ability to do this. Plus Glenn is one of the best bass-players out there: so I am looking forward to them touring together: music without restrictions!