Posts by FCinnella

Quote from schreinermusic

Indeed a very big step forward. Sure, it takes a bit to get familair with all these new features but in the end we will all have more benefit from it. Thanks for explaining the use of it in that movie so well.
    You both do a great job, I have said that many times, but its true.

cheers, Achim:clapper:

Haven't had the time to rummage around the new features, but just the feel seems even better than before. Plus, you guys are incredible at the transition , it was short and sweet and handled with brilliance.
    Frank

Well Kat, it is looking more and more like Ivan will spare the inland portions of Florida.
    We still are going crazy waiting to see what it is planning for our Coast though. The models keep moving West, and I just hope they stay there. Let's just hope for the best so we can all finally get out from the problems we have had before from Frances and Charley.
    Frank

Kat and All,
    May as well keep this thread alive...Ivan could have us running for cover once again.
    Frances took out our power Sunday, then as the winds picked up on Monday AM, we got power back. Tough to figure.
    Had a wind gauge out on the beach and Monday registered gusts over 75 MPH in the afternoon. Not alot of fun with winds and rain banging in off the Gulf of Mexico. Still, damage was minimal here, but only a few blocks inland there were trees down all over the place.
    It's times like this when the snow in New York isn't sounding so bad anymore.
    Frank

I'm sure it is getting bad about now for Kat, and Kenny and Carolyn have just been pounded for hours on end. Fortunately, we still have Cable, phone and power at this point (12:30 PM Sunday) on the West Coast. Some outages, and the battery warnings have beeped numerous times all morning. yet there are still knuckleheads zipping up and down the road along the Beach.
    I am thinking of you guys and wish you the best as we get ready to take our lumps later in the day.
    Let me know how you are once the worst is over.
    And Kenny...stay home

Hang in there Kat. This is one of the few times that living on the Coast is a destination and not an evacuation area. If you do decide to head West, there are actually still Hotels available along the Pinellas Beaches. Sounds crazy saying "go towards the Coast", but it may be an alternative.
    Also, has anyone heard from Kenny ?? We will be thinking of you guys and hope everything is OK with you and yours.
    Good luck all.
    Frank

Just to update some out there. I have a friend who evacuated from here to Orlando for Charley. He called this afternoon, and the residences in the Orlando area are not expecting electricity to be restored for around five to seven days. Hopefully Kat is OK, but she won't be posting for a bit without power. Also, cell towers are not at 100% and it can take a long time to get a signal.
    What a mess.
    Frank

Kat,
    Hope things went at least somewhat OK for you in the storm. We spent two full days loading up our valuable belongings (stereo system, CDs) into two cars, boarding up, sand bagging, caulking, etc.. Then we headed out and saw that the storm was staying South and then heading inland. I am still in shock at the damage in Lake Wales, Wimauma, Bowling Green and across Polk, Osceola and Orange Counties.
    Had the storm stayed on original course our little island would be part of the Gulf of Mexico today. We were the fortunate ones once again, but those whom took a hit are in our thoughts here. I did lose considerable land in Port Charlotte, but fortunately we had not yet begun building and developing and no one was living there.
    Again, hope Kat did well and (I hope we don't have to go through this all again for Earl this week.
    Frank

After checking the Hellion site from Brazil, I noticed that most of their DVD distribution is listed as "American DVD".
    I would hope that would remian the same for GH and that the Hellion release would be playable on our current DVD players.
    Frank

Will be attending and staying at Courtyard about a mile from HOB. Any are welcome to stop over after the show for a libation before heading to your hotel. Hope to see some people I may recognize at the show...as for me, easy to pick out of crowd. Bald except for Lightning Bolt in back of head. (Hey, it is the Stanley Cup). Would enjoy seeing anyone who will be in attendance.
    Frank

Concert Tickets will be $10.00 is all I have heard. I would think that the radio station would have info on the Golf Tourney or maybe the Charity itself. It would be a blast to watch GH play a round. I sent an e-mail off to the GM of the Windmere Country Club and I will post his answer as soon as I hear.
    Frank

Maybe we could make a collection from people on this list and have someone (Shirean or Kat ?) present it to Glenn at the Concert. Even if it is only something small it would probably be something that Glenn, as well as the "Kids" would all appreciate and use.
    Just an idea if anyone is interested.
    Frank

The show was magnificent, and the reviews here did do it justice. One of the finer efforts by anyone I have seen in the past few years. The band really played well together and sounded like they'd been doing this for decades.
    You could easily pick out those there to see Glenn and Co., while there were way too many "look at me I am here" types littered into the crowd. Got asked three or four times "who are these guys" by people in the crowd.
    Truly enjoyable evening although the NYC prices in the bar were a tad out of whack, and the $9.00 frozen slab of dough called pizza at the Beach Bar is still laying somewhere in my stomach. Would do it again and again though coz it's about the music!!! and the music was wonderful.