Posts by Meanbien

You're right about the fact that the songs aren't put in the best running order. An album must get you in the mood, before you kill it with (too) early ballads. So your A side is definately a better one, and the B side isn't too bad either. I'll have to "burn" them on my personal copy in that running order to be able to judge finally. Nice Job so far.

P.s. The album is originally released in 1975 on WEA records ltd. and on WB in 1976! The album is refered to as the "rape" album, because these four letters are highlighted on the sleeve!

Theo Bien

Hi everybody,

I'm new on Glenn's official channel, and i want to pay a small tribute to late Mel Galley!
    Strange that we're talking about a classic-album on which Glenn didn't do much, other than maybe leaving his funky footprints behind.

I bought Trapeze's Hot Wire in spring 1974 on vinyl as it was released on Warner Bros records. The album was promoted one evening on a Dutch radioprogram called: "Superclean Dreammachine" by Ad Visser, and it instantly caught my ear.

Glenn had just left the band, to join "you know who", and Mel Galley and Dave Holland were left behind, to regroup and blow new life into "old" Trapeze. They've recruted Pete Wright as the new bassplayer and backing vocalist and Rob Kendrick as Mel's other right hand on guitars (he's on the right of your stereo channel as well ;) ) Rob also back's with the vocals.

What stroke me than and still strikes me now is the fantastic (read typical) harsh-funky voice of Mel !

The album produced than is still a collectors item, (today people have to pay arround $130,- to own it.) There were absolutely NO Flaws on that album, every song is a state of art, and the music style of Trapeze than, was that of one of the earliest funk-rock bands ever, only in the eighties followed by Mothers Finest, which had a better chance of surviving because a lot of people associate Funk with Black musicians, Trapeze proved otherwise, and Glenn stood at the craddle!

Mel co-wrote almost all of the tracks with his brother Tom, the album was produced by Neil Slaven and the engineer was Rhett Davies. A must have for all Trapeze and Glenn Hughes fan's.

That Glenn still loved his former band Trapeze shows as he later contributed on their 1975 Album "Rape" with songs as "Chances" and "Nothing for nothing". The album in general was received less strong as Hot Wire.

Thanks for "listening"

Theo Bien Dedicated to Mel Galley

Hello Glenn,

I'm a Dutchman who lives in France today. I'm an early fan of you :bow: I was born in 1959 and i was just into Deep Purple as they split in 1973 :( ! But the Coverdale Hughes era or Mark III really marked my (musical) path :drummer: I'm happy that i've found your fan forum and enlisted straight away.

Keep on rockin' and soulin'
    Theo