Posts by purplemusic

hey libby. welcome to our site. i'm sure that ya'll are seeing some of us pop up at your site too. it's getting to be 1 big happy family. also, since you said this site is set up differently, make sure that you see and use our "search" feature. it will lead you to a lot of good places.
    peace,

welcome to our house, freefall. we are really glad to see some of Joe's fans finding us here. i know that some of us , including me , have also been checking out your site, and Joe's music. we are all lucky to have such a collaboration going on for us to enjoy. onward into the Black Country .
    peace,

welcome on board, wenton. glad you found our site dedicated to (almost) all things Glenn. We are all looking forward to the Black Country and all that comes with it. We are also looking forward to chatting w/ Glenn today- details
    of the front page and on the chat thread.
    peace,

Hey Chip,
    I made a very similar post to yours when I bought chad smith's bombastic meatbats. after i synched my i-pod, i didn't think the cd transfered over. i posted here wondering if anyone knew of anything that was different about that cd. No one seemed to know , although i recall david at least offering advice. Finally, i found it listed under 'albums' and 'songs', but still it is not listed in my 'artist' list. this could actually have happened to some other disc, but that was the only one that i ever noticed. i have never figured out why. i guess that after all is said and done, final answer is still , 'i don't know' :huh:
    peace,

I am REALLY enjoying my new concert DVD. Without knowing how cost-effective this is to do, I wish that glenn could do this more often. Especially if the set list was tweeked a bit here and there to always give us a few extra treasures. I would buy as many as could be made available. I hope that this can perhaps be an idea that Glenn could bring into the Black Country. If they could record each of their shows and do this type of release, I would buy them all. It would be the modern day version of "going on the road with the band", but being able to see the shows from our own dens and bedrooms.
    peace,

Mixed feelings. Medusa has never been 1 of my favs. , but I know that G. likes it a lot, so I'm happy for him that he can play it if he wants to and spread some love and memories Mel's way. I'm sure it was really special in the studio w/ Joe playing Mel's guitar.

ALSO, I guess this is as good of a place as any to say that I am having a problem (nothing like world peace), but when I click on a thread I am not being brought to the 1st unread thread. If I don't pay attention or look, I'm missing some stuff. What about that David is it me , or you ;) :huh: :confused: Oh yeah, and by the way, I think we should convert the old chat thread to a misc. musical nerd- type thing, such as I am looking for anyone who may have a copy of Billy Rankin, 'Crankin' Rankin'. Does anyone on here know Billy Rankin ?
    thanks and peace,

I thought that Kenny and Cookie said it as well or better than I could have anyway, so I'm stealing ( I mean 'quoting') them. Actually Bill, I said earlier (facebook) that I would drink a couple in honor of your birthday...BUT, as it turned out, when I had those afore mentioned couple of drinks, I forgot about remembering. so, I did the only thing that I knew to do and still be true to my word- I had a couple more drinks in honor of your birthday :cheers: Now, I think I might have a couple of drinks in honor of remembering to remember you on your birthday. By the way, i'll be 48 this year too. Where were you in '62, huh?
    peace to you Captain. May your ship always be sound and true , and graced w/ many blessings.

bart

that was really entertaining John. Thanks for posting. I look forward to being able to see the pro-shot version as well . Hopefully, it will be a better sound ( i'm sure ) and we'll be able to see you too. Kind of reminds me of Sabbath /Dio - type concerts where you know you hear the keyboard player, but you don't get to see him ( her) because they are set up beside or behind the stage somewhere. Still, i'm sure it must have been a great thrill and looked like it turned out well.
    peace,

This is all really cool stuff and I am very happy for you. Neal Schon's "Late Night" cd is still one of my favorites. He has done so many things that I have enjoyed. Congadulations to you on being able to reap some of the rewards from your hard work, time, and dedication.
    peace,