Posts by Remo

Due to an unexpected turn of events I will not be able to return to the city tonight for the private show. I am really disappointed that I can not attend but I am hoping that some of you document the event so I can see what it was like. Take lots of photos & video please.

I am going to reply to my confirmation email to let them know I won't be coming in hopes that they read it and can let someone else go in my place. It would be nice to know that somebody got the opportunity for this ultra cool event.

Have a great time everyone, I can't wait to read your posts and see you photos, etc.

Great show last night at The Highline Ballroom. This was my first time there and I liked the set up, there's not a bad seat in the house. I opted for 2nd level balcony seats. We were seated in the 1st row of tables against the railing so there was nothing to get in the way from our view of the stage. Glenn and his band were tight and played a great set of music. I'm loving the new stuff from F.U.N.K. and I always enjoy the classics. There's such a rich catalog of music to draw from. I was hoping for "Can't stop the flood & Gettin' tighter". Glenn's voice was incredible, it's amazing what he can do with that throat of his! His vocal range, emotional singing, bass playing and stage presence are top notch. I thought the sound mix could have been a bit louder at times but it was also nice not waking up with my ears ringing for a change. Glenn said he would be back and it can't come soon enough for me. I hope he decides to play more US shows in the future hitting more states & venues. There are so many cool places he can play on the concert trail. It was nice meeting David there last night and Kenny who pointed David out to me. I wish there was some more time to meet the rest of you. I did luckily get to see Papa G after the show and got some stuff signed. All in all a great night in the big apple witnessing some top notch music by a true rock legend.

7:45pm - Good to know, thanks for posting.

I should be arriving in NYC between 2:30 - 3:30pm via train at GCT.

l hope to see some of you at the show and let's have a great time!

I got my freak flag flyin' again...

The strict curfew thing is a bummer. Setting the time limit for Glenn leaves no room for the encore mode. Getting rushed out of the venue right away as soon as the show ends is no fun either.

I'm not sure when I'll be arriving or departing from NYC but has a place been organized where people from the board are meeting up? It would be cool to meet some of you.

Just got this email from ticketmaster, anyone here know if this is the real deal???

Hello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an important alert for your upcoming event. GLENN HUGHES scheduled at BB KINGS BLUES CLUB/GRILL on SATURDAY, MARCH 28, 2009, at 8:00 PM, has changed to a new venue. The event will now take place at the HIGHLINE BALLROOM, same time & date. Original tickets will be honored for the new venue.

If you have any questions, please contact us online at:
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/asktm.html

Thank you for using Ticketmaster. We appreciate your business!

That's weird, I just posted above and then checked my email with announcement from ticketmaster...

Hello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an important alert for your upcoming event. GLENN HUGHES scheduled at BB KINGS BLUES CLUB/GRILL on SATURDAY, MARCH 28, 2009, at 8:00 PM, has changed to a new venue. The event will now take place at the HIGHLINE BALLROOM, same time & date. Original tickets will be honored for the new venue.

http://www.highlineballroom.com/bio.php?id=874

I'm excited to see Glenn once again at BB Kings. The last time I had great seats right in front of Glenn, it was like he was playing in my living room! I'm also happy to hear that the same musicians will be there, they kicked ass at the last show.

I'll be coming in via train from CT, arriving mid afternoon and won't be staying over night but I hope to meet some of the fans on the message board here for the first time.

My friend Glen (also a big GH fan) & I will probably eat somewhere near BB's before the show. The last few shows I've seen there (Glenn Hughes/UFO/Derringer) I've either eaten at BB's or Chevy's which is right next door. Both places are pricey for what you get but hey it's NYC so I guess I'll have to accept the fact that I'll be forking out the cash. I'm always up for suggestions if any of you know of bar/restaurants near BB's that are reasonable and a cool place to hang for a pre show party.

I'm sure whatever he conjures up will be great. He has continually put out quality material throughout his whole career. Next month in NYC can't come soon enough, I'm looking forward to seeing him live once again :bow:

Thanks for the info David. JK rocked last time in NYC.

I'm pumped for the show, played a lot of GH last night when my buddy confirmed he'll be going with me. Last time he saw Glenn was w/Purple in 1974.