Straight from the Black Country, the Orange Glenn Hughes Purple O is as versatile and hard-rocking as its namesake. This electric bass guitar's okoume body gives it an articulate acoustic tone with a delightfully tight low-end response. Its Seymour Duncan SPB-1 P-style split-coil pickup bolsters its articulation even more while also yielding an authoritative thump that's guaranteed to leave a lasting impression.
Built To Rock Hard
Few bassists rock as hard as Glenn Hughes, and his Signature Purple O is one of the few electric bass guitars that can keep up with him. Built around a solid okoume body, this instrument yields an articulate acoustic tone with tight low-end response — and that's before you even plug it in! The Purple O's bolt-on maple neck offers incredible playing comfort that's well-matched by a fast-action purpleheart fingerboard.
Vintage-tinged P-style Tones
The Orange Glenn Hughes Purple O comes equipped with a passive Seymour Duncan SPB-1 split-coil pickup — a clear favorite among bassists. This P-style pickup showcases hand-ground Alnico V magnets and vintage-correct coil windings, outfitting you with a bold, smooth tone with incredible note articulation and an authoritative, chest-pounding thump. Players who dig late-'50s split-coil tones will absolutely swoon over the Purple O's Duncan SPB-1 split-coil pickup.
When reliability is non-negotiable, you need an electric bass you can count on. That's where the Glenn Hughes Purple O comes in. For starters, it brandishes a top-loading, 4-saddle bridge forged from nickel. You also get near-bulletproof open-gear tuners. Together, these hardware choices ensure rock-solid performance, prepping you for any playing scenario.
Orange Glenn Hughes Signature Purple O Electric Bass Guitar Features:
- Signature electric bass of Glenn Hughes (Deep Purple, Trapeze, Black Sabbath, Black Country Communion)
- Okoume body breeds an articulate acoustic tone with a delightfully tight low-end response
- Seymour Duncan SPB-1 P-style split-coil pickup yields incredible note articulation with an authoritative thump
- Comfortable maple neck with a slick-feeling purpleheart fingerboard
- Rock-solid top-loading, 4-saddle bridge and open-gear tuners
- Head-turning chequerboard binding, gleaming chrome hardware, and a light-catching gloss finish
- Includes an additional black pickguard