Cherry Red Acquires Glenn Hughes Back Catalogue

• In another release from Cherry Red featuring Glenn, this time the Phenomena series is featured, encompassing songs Glenn is featured on from the debut through Psycho Fantasy - Phenomena : Still The Night.

Released:

November 6th, 2020

November 20th, 2020

Pre-Order NOW! https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/phenom…l-the-night-cd/

TRACK LISTING

1. STILL THE NIGHT
    2. HOW DO YOU FEEL?
    3. SURRENDER
    4. DANCE WITH THE DEVIL
    5. TOUCH MY LIFE
    6. PHOENIX RISING
    7. HEARTS ON FIRE
    8. BELIEVE
    9. RUNNING WITH THE PACK
    10. WHO’S WATCHING YOU?
    11. ASSASSINS OF THE NIGHT
    12. DOUBLE 6, 55, DOUBLE 4
    13. KISS OF FIRE
    14. HIGHER
    15. HELL ON WINGS
    16. TWILIGHT ZONE
    17. STILL THE NIGHT (12” REMIX)

• Sorry for the double-post but just a heads up that it looks like the release date is moved back to November 20, 2020 per the official site.

• If you haven't got the individual CDs, this is a welcome collection of all Glenn's lead vocals features, on the Phenomena releases over the years.
    Some may quibble over the running order as it lurches from one decade to the next and all points in-between?
    To my ears the original mix of the Debut has dated severely.
    I would like to a proper remix from the Original Masters of the debut.
    A natural 'Rock' sound on the drums instead of tiny 'egg box' snare.
    Something to honour the memory of the late Cozy Powell.
    Turn the Keyboards down to a sensible level and turn the guitars up!
    Cut back on the over-powering overall reverb wash over the whole mix too.
    The 'Still The Night' 'remix' sounds like someone fooling around on Audacity,
    and not much else.

• Placed an order yesterday for the CD which should arrive in mid December. I remember seeing an ad for the first Phenomena album in 1985 and surprised to see Hughes name listed amongst the musicians. I was into Deep Purple since early 1984 and hungry to know whether Hughes was still active in the music scene. Naturally this was pre-internet era so I had no way of getting any news since mainstream media was useless for such details. Amazing to then see Gary Moore's RUN FOR COVER released and then Iommi/Sabbath's SEVENTH STAR released the following year as finally some new recordings were available with the man himself.

-Fender Classic Player '50s Sunburst Strat
    -Fender 1988 MIJ STM Strat
    -Fender 2003 American Standard Olympic White Strat
    -Fender 2003 Highway One Sunburst Strat
    -Fender 2015 Deluxe Roadhouse Vintage White Strat
    -Warmoth Purple Black Burst Strat
    -Ibanez 1990 RG560 Grape Ice
    -Ibanez 2006 Prestige BTB1206E NTF 6 String Bass
    -Ibanez 2007 JEM7VWH
    -Ibanez 2013 UV70P-BK
    -Almansa A-413F Flamenco
    -NK Headless Purple Blue Burst

• David do you know if the Cherry Red deal includes rights to First Underground Nuclear Kitchen? If not, who owns the rights now, because Frontiers no longer do.

I would absolutely love for this album to get a vinyl release, and Cherry Red does such a good job on these re-releases.

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!