The Near Rebirth And Tragic End Of Deep Purple

• Glenn recently spoke with Joe Bosso of Music Aficionado, talkin' Come Taste The Band and more re his days in Deep Purple :thumbup:

We were just a different band at that point. The bond between us was strong. Tommy had come in from the James Gang, and I was writing some un-Deep Purple-ish stuff.

http://web.musicaficionado.com…Tragic_End_Of_Deep_Purple

• Come taste the band: the album got a lot of bad reviews and comments at that time: but the album has grown through the years and the critics have changed.: Now it is looked at as one of the very best albums in the Purple catalogue. A very strong album indeed: it's so sad that Tommy died so young. Would have been magic if the Mk 4 would have recorded some more studio albums :)

I wish I could have been with him the night he died. People walked away from him and left him. It still scars me 40 years later to think that seven people walked away when he was unconscious and let him fade away into the night. I've confronted a few of those people.

That's what I've been asking myself again and again. How could people leave Tommy alone in a condition like that??? :mad:

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• Come taste the band: the album got a lot of bad reviews and comments at that time: but the album has grown through the years and the critics have changed.: Now it is looked at as one of the very best albums in the Purple catalogue. A very strong album indeed: it's so sad that Tommy died so young. Would have been magic if the Mk 4 would have recorded some more studio albums :)

It has always been my favourite DP album. Burn was a very close second. Both albums full of great songs.

• Same here Willem, I bought the album somewhere around 1979/80 as I was getting into Whitesnake....expecting some kinda Machine Head... it was a grower but in the early eighties it turned out to be a favorite of mine.

The recent Kevin Shirley remix/master is awesome and long awaited.

Compare CTTB with the first Rainbow album! That first Rainbow album was sonically dull and had maybe 3 Good songs on it :lol:

CTTB is full of musical adventures and Tommy shines throughout... all of the band does really... at the time they didn't get a lot of credits but it ranks very high in my collection of Purple albums :thumbup:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!