Ronnie Montrose Contribution

• Ronnie Montrose's final album is set to be released posthumously this September.

Titled 10x10, the 10-track album features different a guest singer and guitarist on each track playing alongside Montrose, bassist Ricky Phillips and drummer Eric Singer.

Glenn is featured on the song, "Still Singin’ With The Band", along with Phil Collen (Def Leppard).

10X10 is released on September 29th, 2017 via Rhino Records.

• A bit more, courtesy of the Joe Bonamassa forum:

It seems that Ronnie Montrose was working on a new album before he passed away. Eric Singer, late of KISS, helped finish the album and it is set to be released on September 29th. Joe is credited on one song, I am guessing as a singer since Montose is an accomplished guitar God as well.
    Star studded collaboration that's for sure.
    Ronnie Montrose, ’10X10′ Track Listing
    “Heavy Traffic” (Eric Martin and Dave Meniketti)
    “Love Is an Art” (Edgar Winter and Rick Derringer)
    “Color Blind” (Sammy Hagar and Steve Lukather)
    “Still Singin’ With the Band” (Glenn Hughes, Phil Collen Jimmy “Z” Zavala)
    “Strong Enough” (Tommy Shaw)
    “Any Minute” (Mark Farner and Ricky Phillips)
    “The Kingdom’s Come Undone” (Ricky Phillips and Joe Bonamassa)
    “One Good Reason” (Bruce Turgon and Brad Whitford)
    “Head On Straight” (Davey Pattison and Marc Bonilla)
    “I’m Not Lying” (Gregg Rolie, Tom Gimbel and Lawrence Gowan)

:cheers:

Cheers,
    Ben !!

• The Guitar Player Magazine Newsletter has 'previewed' the Sammy Hagar track....it definitely reminds one of the 'Montrose' days.....I'm certain the track with Glenn will be a 'KILLER'!!! :clapper:

• Glenn will be featured on the new album by Ronnie Montrose called "10X10". He contributed lead vocals to the fourth track on the album -- "Still Singin' With The Band". It's out on September 29 and available for pre-order now.

• Now that's some serious fire power! Glad to see this released. Ronnie was an American hard rock pioneer and the Montrose and first 2 Gamma albums are utter classics. Too bad he had a downturn in his career in the 80's and never quite recovered as another generation of guitar heroes took over.

• I always realised and appreciated the significance of Ronnie but until I dove a bit deeper inspired by this thread I didn't know much of his work. Im glad I did go hunting Ive been missing out.

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!