Merve "Spam" Spence Broke!

• Mervyn Spence, best known to people on here as owner of the rights to the Phenomena Project, was in the local paper this week as he's broke and facing eviction.

Normally I'd feel sorry for him but he failed to pay Mel or Glenn any royalties despite a large amount (over 1 million) of sales over the years. He even put out the triple cd Phenomena set with un-authorised rehearsal demos on!

Where did all the money go - certainly not to the right people!

• Hi

"he failed to pay Mel or Glenn any royalties" : yes, but it did not put glenn and mel on the streets anyway...
    "despite a large amount (over 1 million) of sales over the years." : he bought the rights only in 93 or 94, so after most of the sells i think.

"He even put out the triple cd Phenomena set with un-authorised rehearsal demos on!" : yes, but those demos are very interesting for those who likes Mel Galley vocals.

"sounds like he got what he deserved" : no, because those banks are the real BIG robbers of the world, that put too many people became homeless.

I also wanted to suggest to hear the samplers of the tracks he recorded for a next "Phenemona" album. Yes, in fact it doesn't really sound like a Phenomena album, but i think it's anyway very good (better than the last 2 Tom Galley's Phenomena's albums) : https://soundcloud.com/phenomena-proj…amples-mastered :)

• Mervyn Spence, best known to people on here as owner of the rights to the Phenomena Project, was in the local paper this week as he's broke and facing eviction.

Normally I'd feel sorry for him but he failed to pay Mel or Glenn any royalties despite a large amount (over 1 million) of sales over the years. He even put out the triple cd Phenomena set with un-authorised rehearsal demos on!

Where did all the money go - certainly not to the right people!

It's a small world,I met Meryvn through Coach House studio in Lichfield, Staffs.I was was peddling a song I had co-written.Mervyn played me a spanishy acoustic rendering of 'Still The Night' at the time.

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!