Rock Against Trafficking Benefit Album

• Top Grammy-Award-winning stars and Rock And Roll Hall Of Famers are joining forces in the recording studio to create an all-star music compilation album in support of Rock Against Trafficking (R.A.T.), a nonprofit organization committed to the awareness and prevention of child slavery. Musicians involved in the project include Glenn Hughes, Steven Tyler, Slash, Julian Lennon, Neal Schon, Joe Bonamassa, Andy Fraser and HEART.

The first project R.A.T. is producing is "Set Them Free", a compilation album of the music industry's top stars performing the music of Sting and THE POLICE. Various other legendary artists are currently scheduling to record songs for the album.

"The day I had the opportunity to meet Gary Miller, I had the chance to hear about this humanitarian cause," says John Schayer, director of public relations at Rock Against Trafficking. "Working with him has given me a feeling of purpose that is renewed each day. It is our goal to unite people around the world to join us in this heartfelt effort to stop child trafficking and send the children home."

"27 million people are slaves today," says Gary Miller, founder of Rock Against Trafficking. "80% of trafficking victims are women and girls. 50% are minors and every year 2 million children are exploited in the global sex trade. We are joining together in a solid commitment through music to make a difference."

Rock Against Trafficking is a nonprofit organization established to fight for the end of child slavery worldwide. The mission of the nonprofit is to create awareness of this crisis and provide resources for the rescue and restoration o victims through the power of music. The nonprofit is using the power of music through partnering with top stars in the entertainment industry to create global awareness of the epidemic of child labor and sex trafficking.

For more information, visit http://www.rockagainsttrafficking.org

• ...scroll to end of this article, to hear Glenn's cover of the The Police classic, "Roxanne" :cool1:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/…-miller-grammys

Glenn Hughes went in studio recently with popular record producer, Gary Miller, to record the track to add his voice to the all star celebrity roster. When asked about his contribution to the project, Hughes shared, "Gary called me and told me about the project and asked if I would sing a song. He asked me about doing 'Roxanne.' There is so much love involved in bringing this special project to the world. It is indeed my pleasure."

• Can't get over how great Glenn sounds on this version of Roxanne. It's curious he sounds more like himself here than with Cali Breed. I just wish his voice was given the same room to shine in CB, where it often has to fight for space with all the distorted guitars etc.

Maybe it's the mix on Cali Breed that is the problem. More separation between instruments and Glenn and his bass clearer in the mix would probably have made it easier on the ears.

• I kind of agree; California Breed hit me like a ton of bricks when I first heard it. I was literally stunned by how overwhelmingly dense it seemed.

I have always loved the power and range of Glenn's voice but, with everything turned up to 11, and the near 100% "turbo vocal" approach he took to most of these songs, it was all almost more than I could absorb at first listen, and I've been a fan of Glenn's for almost three decades now!

Having listened to it several times, I've gotten used to the album's sound, and it's awesome that he still has the pipes, but I can't help but feel that on some level California Breed is an album that I have to steel myself to listen to; it's not something I can just casually put on and take in...

Welcome to the era of "The Loudness Wars" I guess...

In any case, his version of "Roxanne" here is beautiful - a crystalline reminder of just why I fell in love with Glenn's vocal work all those years ago; such a delivery as this can be achieved by very, very few others if any...

• R.A.T. is releasing the lead track “Roxanne” covered by the legendary Glenn Hughes this month as Human Trafficking Awareness Day is January 11th.

The full album, “Set Them Free,” is due out in the Spring. The album features artist performing songs by Sting and The Police.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/53-The…about-28822760/

• Glenn recently talked to Clint Switzer of Music Mania about Rock Against Trafficking and the Purple Live tour. The interview (starting at 3:25) however kicks off with a few words about Dave Holland.

As happened before several times, there's one or the other dog barking in the background.

You got four dogs in your house, you got a busy life.

;)

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• ...a late 2019 release perhaps :thumbup:

Curated and produced by founder Gary Miller, the “Set Them Free” album established the roots of Rock Against Trafficking. In a brief test marketing campaign, “Synchronicity II” by Journey and “Roxanne” by Glenn Hughes of Deep Purple charted #27 and #7 in the classic rock charts. With the support of PennyFly Entertainment a first-of-its-kind deal was brokered with Sony/Orchard for exclusive distribution allowing Rock Against Trafficking to keep 100% of direct-to-consumer sales (including all sales through this website and events). The album goes on to feature Grammy legends including Slash, Fergie, Santana, En Vogue, Rob Thomas, and Heart reimagining their favorite songs by Sting & The Police. The full album is due for release in late 2019 with the precise date to be announced soon - join our VIP mailing list to be the first to know with exclusive pre-order offers and first dibs on signed celebrity merchandise.

https://rockagainsttrafficking.org/setthemfree

• Yeah, that would be good to know, as their site still doesn't tell anything about an album that could be ordered physically.

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!