Introducing California Breed

• well.. I've got the baby... :thumbup: (officially I mean) .. I have to listen this very carrefully and try to do a little review here... :)

• well.. I've got the baby... :thumbup: (officially I mean) .. I have to listen this very carrefully and try to do a little review here... :)

How does one 'get the baby' before the release in May ? I probably won't hear most of California Breed until the US release on May 19th ? :rolleyes:

• How does one 'get the baby' before the release in May ? I probably won't hear most of California Breed until the US release on May 19th ? :rolleyes:

Promos are out there...Should myself write a review...this record is difficult one...I really like the retro stuff...but on the other hand....auts....shouldn't say more....and I won't...:)

...been talking to Finnish promoters...they seem to like these "young hungry lads"...:)

:bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

T :)

Just know that two-thirds of Black Country Communion are still waving the flag for decent Rock music which encompasses virtuosity when necessary, and plenty of passion and emotion for the rest of the time.

Interesting - Joe and Derek have been reduced to one-third of BCC... :D

http://www.rockulusmaximus.com/REVIEW---CALIFORNIA-BREED.php

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• How does one 'get the baby' before the release in May ? I probably won't hear most of California Breed until the US release on May 19th ? :rolleyes:

because I work occasionally with a promotional company for interviews or chronicles.. (it's why I had interview Glenn Hughes for BCC II promo)
    So under certain conditions very stricts they gave me a link to download California Breed for listen and review.. ;) diffusion totally forbidden ! )

• Promos are out there...Should myself write a review...this record is difficult one...I really like the retro stuff...but on the other hand....auts....shouldn't say more....and I won't...:)

totally agree with you.. it's a difficult one.. we musn't give an advice after a few listenings.. but I feel this record come bigger and bigger after more listening.. good thing !

• PAGE NOT FOUND
    Sorry, we can't seem to find that page!

We've recently redesigned our website and much of our old content will be available soon.

In the meantime we recommend using the menu at the top of the page to find your way around our website.

If you think there's a problem with the site please feel free to contact us.

This sounds like Glenn Hughes and Jason Bonham are in the right place after the demise of Black Country Communion and the trio is a monster.

Here's a recent review from music-news.com. 4/5.

"It's not what you say, it's the feeling that's the song"

• My Japanese copy got stuck at the German customs for a week (May 1 - 8) and they made me pay 6,72 €. :rolleyes:
    Additionally I was on holidays on May 8, so the express delivery didn't really work for me and after returning from my holidays yesterday I gladly received my copy today :bouncer:
    Hell, was I nervous to listen to the whole cd! I have to admit that the first two published tracks ("Sweet Tea", "Mignight Oil") didn't hit me straight away like expected. I liked the songs but they didn't blow me away and I was a bit worried about the whole cd. Thinking back it was myself standing in the way by having special expectations instead of listening open and nonbiased. BCC and Glenn solo was still too much on my mind, California Breed is definitely different!

And after listening to the cd the third time now I love it, love it, love it! :claphands

It's a masterpiece, I absolutely wanna see it live! I envy all the people who can see the band on May 28 or 31! And the bonus song ("Breathe" acoustic) plucked my heartstrings again (hankies out for that one). If you love a good dosis of Glenn's softer voice I can only recommend the Japanese release.

Meanwhile I absolutely love the mixture of good, hard, modern rock with some traditional elements and some ballads, I love the whole cd! Andrew's guitar playing is raw, fresh and creative. Jason's drumming is getting better and better and Glenn's energy and voice is just a miracle. I really hope they stay together as a band and tour a lot :bow:

My favs in the moment are "The Grey", "Chemical Rain" and - of course - "Breathe". But the cd is on instant replay, so my favs might change soon. Would love to read some more impressions of others :)

That's it - hopelessly addicted to the voice from Cannock... 8)

• So I went to one of the best rock shows ever last sat night at the Gramercy and am now left wondering??

Is this record going to die a slow death since that is it for tour dates till the fall???

Will the lack of momentum kill the word of mouth about his band???

Love album, love the shows, but I think inactivity will not be kind to the bands future prospects. Hope I am mistaken.

• selly, your one of the lucky ones to see California Breed at the Gramercy!

Lose momentum? We'll have to see...if the Tour dates are announced soon and the ticket sales begin, there will still be a build-up of anticipation for the fall!

Also, If the new album get's appropriate exposure through 'air play', then more people will want to come and see the band!

As we are seeing, more exposure is happening through the magazine reviews for this great album! As people become aware; they hear the songs on this album; and they love Rock...then, they will come !!

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!