Classic Rock July 13 - Bonamassa on Glenn & BCC

• The July 2013 issue not only has Joey Bananas on the cover, it has a full 9 page piece on him with interview and pics etc. Some good questions, not only about music but also about the business side of things.

The free cd features 14 tracks "hand picked" by Joe. These include 6 tracks featuring JB guesting others - with Leslie West, Beth Hart, Europe, Healing Sixes, Don Airey and Rock Candy Funk Party.

Also of note are a few questions about Glenn and BCC

• Well...what are Glenn's methods...now it's all because of this...and I can say to the dear Mister Bonamassa that if Glenn wasn't doing the things on his way...he wouldn't be the Voice of Rock and one of the best bass players ever!!!

I have a little doubt that Glenn wanted to play 80 shows in US and summer festivals and etc...
    I think someone is exaggerating here... :rolleyes:

And JB says "I'm still friend of Glenn Hughes."
    Hmm interesting...I think more important is whether Glenn Hughes is still your friend my dear...after all the beautiful things that you did and said for him...

Best Wishes from me... :)http://www.glennhughes.com//www.pinterest…eate/extension/

• Truthfully, Mr. Bonamassa has always been very busy with his own career building machine. I believe BCC helped him, but touring with the band just didn't and doesn't fit his persona. He has to be in control to feel comfortable, otherwise, he feels exhausted. One day, probably in the distant future, he may wish he had done things differently, but for now, he'll continue to drive his solo crazy train.

• If Glenn is his friend why not give him and the rest of the guys the BCC name, so maybe the guys can continue with a other guitarplayer in the future.
    Now is Joe closing the door for everybody,nobody can blame him for not touring i can understand that if you have such an succesfull solo career you want to give yourself 100% for your own thing.

• :cool: Blue, your interesting theory of feeling comfortable when in control and feeling exhausted to be not, is something i think many times about, not only in the case of Bonamassa's leaving.
    I can imagine someone needs to be in control for normal allday life, i would agree, but on stage you are another persona and here you might need other pleasures for your personal Needs, for example breaking Limits, improvisations on stage are always out of control.
    Maybe Bonamassa tends to be on stage more like his normal life persona, he might be not such an artist with an artist alter ego. Bowie has done a lot of alter ego stuff. By the way good thing for your mind.

greets
    Sigurd

• brilliant guitar player-poor human being-but still glad and greatful I got to see bcc

• Hmmm...I believe that if Glenn had played his cards differently...Joe saw his bluff...BCC would still exists and Glenn would also have his solo career...:)

...I had a look my calendar yesterday...and noticed that it is summer in Finland - yep here you have to check it from your almanac- and Finnish summer is beautiful but also over as soon as it begins meaning it is August 2013 pretty soon...and we are still waiting for that BIG announcement! You know I'm happy to wait for next Guns'n'Roses album like forever but...... "I wanna know" like Living Colour used to sing...
    :bouncer::bouncer::bouncer::bouncer:

T:)

• I feel Joe's musical link up with Beth Hart is more natural thing for him & his playing.
    Good luck to him & Beth.Glenn has worked with more sympathetic guitarists before
    the BCC project namely Jeff Kolman & JJ Marsh.I would like to Glenn & Pat Thrall take it out on the boards but I am a realist ditto Mr Blackers

• If you read the article carefully he is having a dig at Glenn all over the place. Bcc is done and it aint comimg back and Joe knows it, hence his answers!.Friend...i dont think so not a real friend in any case!! I also do happen to accept he never commited to any touring right from the start !

With the above accepted I am actually more dissapointed that there is little news of a " new Band " or more definitive information on the latest projects. I know Glenn probably earns a nice living fom KOC and other projects and all the power to him for that! but as a long term fan/customer, I am really interested in new music and associated tours.

Things just seem to have gone a bit quite latley, hopefully the lul before the storm! :lol:

• If you read the article carefully he is having a dig at Glenn all over the place. Bcc is done and it aint comimg back and Joe knows it, hence his answers!.Friend...i dont think so not a real friend in any case!! I also do happen to accept he never commited to any touring right from the start !

With the above accepted I am actually more dissapointed that there is little news of a " new Band " or more definitive information on the latest projects. I know Glenn probably earns a nice living fom KOC and other projects and all the power to him for that! but as a long term fan/customer, I am really interested in new music and associated tours.

Things just seem to have gone a bit quite latley, hopefully the lul before the storm! :lol:

We the fans are a bit spoiled with our Glenn,other musicians make only 4 albums in 10years..
    And be real making and writing a good album cost a lot of time and money and the budgets the artist get from the labels are not that big anymore.
    I think it's time for a european tour cuz that been a while;-)

• To fill in the void perhaps a FROM THE ARCHIVES VOLUME 2 - INCENSE AND PEACHES should be considered.

-Fender Classic Player '50s Sunburst Strat
    -Fender 1988 MIJ STM Strat
    -Fender 2003 American Standard Olympic White Strat
    -Fender 2003 Highway One Sunburst Strat
    -Fender 2015 Deluxe Roadhouse Vintage White Strat
    -Warmoth Purple Black Burst Strat
    -Ibanez 1990 RG560 Grape Ice
    -Ibanez 2006 Prestige BTB1206E NTF 6 String Bass
    -Ibanez 2007 JEM7VWH
    -Ibanez 2013 UV70P-BK
    -Almansa A-413F Flamenco
    -NK Headless Purple Blue Burst

• I think think 'Incense & Peaches 2' starting from some 'Play Me Out' outtakes,Robin George collaboration, & whatever else Glenn wants to unlock from his archives would be a great gesture from Glenn to his fan base.Or even double it up Vols 1 & 2? as the original is hard to find.
    Throw in some DVD footage featuring Trapeze reunion gigs & hard to find promos..& wrap it all up in a boxset set!

• I think think 'Incense & Peaches 2' starting from some 'Play Me Out' outtakes,Robin George collaboration, & whatever else Glenn wants to unlock from his archives would be a great gesture from Glenn to his fan base.Or even double it up Vols 1 & 2? as the original is hard to find.
    Throw in some DVD footage featuring Trapeze reunion gigs & hard to find promos..& wrap it all up in a boxset set!

The tune 'Beautiful Dreamer' comes immediately to mind......:D

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!