2016, 2014, 2013 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Nomination

• It doesn't make sense to me but let's face it, it's a business enterprise which was set up by a record label boss with the editor of Rolling Stone plus some attorney and record exec friends.

Simper and Evans played on the same 3 albums and both had writing credits on various songs.

Also, the inductees are expected to perform. Blackmore wont turn up and Morse isn't invited so Glenn will have to play lead guitar and Roger bass! There's also no-one to play keyboards with Don Airey excluded.

You could argue that Don Airey should be inducted in his own right after his work with other bands - Cozy Powell, Rainbow, Schenker, Ozzy, Gary Moore, Sabbath, Judas Priest plus of course 3 albums with Purple.

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• If you want to attend the 2016 induction @ Barclays Center on Friday, April 8th, 2016 in Brooklyn, NY, plus get a few exclusives there is a VIP package available on presale starting Friday, January 29th, 2016 @ 10:00AM EST, then separately general public tickets are on offer from Friday, February 5th, 2016 @ 9:00AM EST.

Details @ http://www.ticketmaster.com/rock-and-roll-…1&minorcatid=52

• This is on his FB page:

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame update
    Ritchie was honored by the offer of induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. He was discussing the possibility of attending, until we received correspondence from the President of the Rock Hall of Fame, who said that Bruce Payne, management for the current Deep Purple Touring Band, had said "No"..........!!!!!"
    Therefore Ritchie will not be attending the ceremony. He sincerely thanks all the fans that voted for him for their support.

:mad:

• Official statement by Ian Gillan below.

• There is one paragraph missing which Ian posted on his Caramba site in HIS offical statement:

It should be stressed that there is no slight intended nor any desire to upset anyone regarding this decision; it is purely a mark of respect to Steve and Don. In fact, we would love to perform with Ritchie, David, Glen et al on Smoke on the Water in the encore jam.

I've seen many sources where this important sentence has been left out and I wonder why. Ian Gillan, the jackass for everything, only because somebody HAS to do the ungrateful job of the spokesman for the band?

I have never heard that Ian spoke ill of Glenn or David. This whole HOF biz makes me sick! :mad:

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• Ritchie shares his thoughts about the HOF. The Man in Black says a lot of sensible things here! :clapper:
    [ame]

[/ame]

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• Glenn talks RRHOF induction night hopes...

There's a lot of gossip and innuendo about who's saying what. I'd love to play. I'd love to sing. And so would David.

I just hope Blackmore has the balls to (attend), and for God's sake he bloody wrote those songs, he wrote those riffs. He wrote 'Smoke on the Water.' Whatever happened -- the eccentricities, the behavior, the name-calling and all that stuff -- I say let it all go. Blackmore should be there accepting his award. I'd be very upset if he didn't.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum…-fame-induction

• If you're a Subscriber to USA based satellite radio provider, SiriusXM, be sure to tune-in to hear their Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Radio on Ch. 18 and a 2016 Inductees On-Demand Playlist until Monday, April 11th.

In addition, you can also catch backstage coverage from the 2016 Inductions on Friday, April 8th at New York’s Barclays Center :cool1:

More @ http://blog.siriusxm.com/2016/03/25/rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-radio-on-demand

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!