• Referring to the latest additions here (starting with an 'A' respectively with 'r') I keep asking myself (and I've been doing that for a real long time):

WHY do people check in on so-called fan forums when all they contribute are silly (IMHO) messages like "Agreed" or "I agree" or whatever instead of posting something interesting a/or intelligent? Just to be able to score the 10-point mark and be able to download something?

I have also noticed that new members are hardly welcomed and greeted anymore. Which is really no wonder as I can truly say for myself that I'm fed up with so-called fans who just register here to be able to 'cash in' on what others have uploaded here :rolleyes:

What do other long-time members think about this? Am I alone with my opinion? :confused:

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• Welcome to the reality of the interwebs lioness ;) It's just one of those things you have to live with... as with most forums, boards and the like... there are always a core set of members... that stick by you, through thick and thin, over the years... and that's what's most important.

There will always be freeloaders... or 'trolls' as some online naysayers might like to call them :)

You've just got to stick with it, keep your chin up and smile... what else to do :D

• its something we have to put up with. when i log in i always click on new posts and if i see a whole bunch of old ones updated by some unknown and clearly new user i generally ignore them if the first one says "i agree" or something equally inane.

that said, i joined the deep purple hub and only used it to find Trapeze or Whitesnake files that featured Mel so that i could pass on to him. I havent logged into it for at least 2 years tho and probably wont again

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• Don't know about the whole "points for free downloading" thing and couldn't really be bothered to look into it, but personally speaking, I'll use the "." often on forums if I enter a thread to "say" something, but see that an earlier post says it better than I could've.

I figure:

a) why bother wasting all other posters' time by typing the same thing in my own long winded words?

b) it's sort of a "props to a fine post," rather than the "thanks" thingy this forum has (I guess technically, in this case, I should just use the "thanks" feature, but I generally don't even notice it and I'm so used to the "." usage on other forums, that it's just second nature to me)

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!