CANCELLED - BCC Live In Wolverhampton 2013

• JB acts a bit like a spoiled kid. Only a few years ago he was not that big at all. I fact his name was very little. He played in a pub very near to my home and there was a crowd of 15. I must say, he has become a great name now, and he is good, but he is also over rated, in my opinion. He is a good blues player, but I reallly miss the rock (agree to tmc). On the BCC studio albums he plays powerfull, but on stage I miss that power. Other bues-rock players like Rory Gallagher, Jimmy Page and Billy Gibbons and Doug Alldrich (the big boys) can play a smooth blues and also really ROCK on stage.
    GLENN is a household name for years and years, since the early seventies with Trapeze and Deep Purple, later with Black Sabbath, Gary Moore and lots of other big names including solo. So GLENN is for me the most famous and important person in BCC. Second is JASON (son of a legend and a legend himself).
    I hope BCC will rock on with a more powerfull bluesrocker on the guitar :thumbup:

| Burn | Stormbringer | Come Taste The Band

• I'm glad that discussions about BCC are still able on this forum.

We know that everything related to BCC was deleted on Joe's page (except selling items in his shop). Now someone brought the subject up again in his forum and Joe posted:

I think this topic should come to an end on here.... Its more of a BCC topic for the bands Facebook/forum.

Thanks Joe B

Well, I think that's a fair comment and should be respected (even though I think different because I prefer to put things on the table).
    Meanwhile that thread has been deleted like everything else about BCC.

But what's really p***ing me off now is the fact there is no BCC forum anymore...it's vanished! The whole fan forum with all the postings is gone and the actual discussion not possible anymore. End of story with a taste that's getting more and more bitter. Who's responsible for closing that down? JB's management?

That's it - hopelessly addicted to the voice from Cannock... 8)

• Who's responsible for closing that down? JB's management?

Yep, JoeB and J&R directly... so pretty much tells you all you need to know right there... so lets not having a p***ing match here about all this please... it's out there for all to see "who, what, when" etc, so it's kinda' unproductive to speculate or point fingers (justified or not), without all the facts, so I don't think there's a need for much else to be said on that particular subject... know what I mean... GH will let us know of anything else we need to know about... and if not... we'll just have to take it as it is... and wait for the next chapter in our journey with GH :cool:

Cheers,
    David

• Christ, what a mess. I guess the dust will settle and we all will pick up and move on...

I have enjoyed the two studio CD's immensely....got the Blu-Ray of LOE and just watched it again last week. I will pick up "Afterglow" when it is released and will enjoy that as welll.....I got to see and hear a fabulous show in Washington DC last year.....

I am sorry that the band is seemingly done but I am thankful for what they gave us.

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Yep, JoeB and J&R directly... so pretty much tells you all you need to know right there... so lets not having a p***ing match here about all this please... it's out there for all to see "who, what, when" etc, so it's kinda' unproductive to speculate or point fingers (justified or not), without all the facts, so I don't think there's a need for much else to be said on that particular subject... know what I mean... GH will let us know of anything else we need to know about... and if not... we'll just have to take it as it is... and wait for the next chapter in our journey with GH :cool:

Cheers,
    David

I'm agree... nothing else to say... :( :thumbup:

• Yep, JoeB and J&R directly... so pretty much tells you all you need to know right there... so lets not having a p***ing match here about all this please... it's out there for all to see "who, what, when" etc, so it's kinda' unproductive to speculate or point fingers (justified or not), without all the facts, so I don't think there's a need for much else to be said on that particular subject... know what I mean... GH will let us know of anything else we need to know about... and if not... we'll just have to take it as it is... and wait for the next chapter in our journey with GH :cool:

Cheers,
    David

Agreed, I know what you mean... that kind of discussion won't take anybody any further and the main things are said, even though the fans still don't know the real reasons for the splitup. But thanks a lot for answering my question!

At least we can still talk about BCC's "Afterglow" here... :)

• Um were ANY of you guys invloved in any of the negotiations? Seems like a bunch of assumptions flying round. I hope the drama dies down to give the band a chance to live if it can.

It seems to me that this past week or so has proven that starting controversy really isn't good copy. sad to me, I love BCC.

• why can't I get Jimmy Page out of my mind? :div27:

so light a candle in the window.......
    i will be coming home tonite

• why can't I get Jimmy Page out of my mind? :div27:

Q: Will Jimmy Page be ready, willing and - most important - ABLE to perform during the tour schedule Glenn has often mentioned? I have my doubts :huh:

Why can't I get Soren Andersen out of my mind? :)

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• Caveman: On Facebook:

Uh more web docs or maybe the band isn't done?

Very interesting quote indeed. I really think he is saying that its not over and done with. That would be great news. This band has that certain something you just don't find but once in a generation.

It would be nice if they could all do their own things but come together every now and then and do a record and at least some shows. This would be good for all concerned including us the fans.

Time as always, will tell the story!

• I'm not on facebook and my eyes just popped out when I read the quote of KS that he promises there's more to come of BCC. Had to check his fb account immediately and found another interesting comment of him:

“A bend in the road is not the end of the road…unless you fail to make the turn.” ~Unknown

Well, I really thought the road is dividing and not bending. If the Caveman should get two angry boys back at the table again to sort some things out I definitely know why I love him... ;) :bow:

But I'll stop any speculations before I get disappointed again and in the moment I'm just looking forward to the release of "Afterglow" and can't wait to hear it in its full length...

• Yes, just discovered Glenn's tweet about "moving on" this morning. Well, maybe there's just more of BCC recorded by now then there is on three albums, so KS can promise that we will hear more of BCC. We all don't know but we'll see. This would surely also please a lot of fans.

So after the first sorrow I'm just looking forward now to whatever will come, especially to "Afterglow" and more live performances of Glenn. And I hope there will be a way that the BCC songs can be performed live.

• they've only fallen out over touring not "musical differences" as is often the case.
    doing a studio album is 2 weeks work for Joe as Glenn turns up with 10 songs already written and they learn them and record them in a week or so. Therefore there is more chance of BCC recording again than playing live again.

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• If I'm honest, it was bound to happen. Form a 'supergroup' perspective and the ego-massaging that entails, We can be grateful that we got three albums out of them, Blind Faith only managed the one!

I'm simultaneously happy to have seen them live in Loket, but saddened to think it will never happen again.

With regard to the nucleus continuing, I'd love to see Derek, Glenn and Jason keep it together, and I've been racking my brains thinking who could replace Joe...it's a tough call - not because he's the 'greatest' - he's good, but not irreplaceable - just who is best to move them onward and upwards...if Gary Moore was alive , God bless him....I'd love that. He could switch from blues to rock better than ANYONE....Those who've suggested Vai....I think that's a really bad idea. Whilst Vai is undenaibly the master of his instrument...I was surprised with Highway Star...it's not right. He's too effect-y and thin sounding. A three piece Trapeze-style, as has been suggested, with Vai, Chad and Glenn. NO! You need someone like Stevie Salas to pull off Mel's gig!! well, there's my 10 cents worth! ;)

• Jimmy Page would keep the whole Black Country concept, and sound, fairly intact. John Norum could blend Joe's sound with his his own and deliver a harder edge reminiscent of Gary Moore, but in the the end, I believe we won't be seeing any form of BCC in a live setting.

so light a candle in the window.......
    i will be coming home tonite

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!