CANCELLED - BCC Live In Wolverhampton 2013

• Read Joe's recent comments about the cancelled gig here.

So because he's being called out about not touring BCC, he's throwing a hissy fit and cancelling the one and only planned 2013 BCC gig :eek: Jeez, grow up will 'ya... otherwise, he'll end up with more than just one self inflicted black eye! Like I said in another thread... obviously what Joe wants, Joe gets :sint2:

Anyway, BCC as we knew it, is obviously done now... still... looking forward to 'Afterglow'... and await what's next from Glenn :cool1:

• Given that Glenn has spent months writing and recording Afterglow and then spent weeks doing the media promotional work.
    It is appalling that the man of great principle cannot be bothered to do even one gig to support his band mates and reward the fans who put their hard cash into his pocket.

I hope his high principles mean he will turn down the income from a project which is now beneath him.
    Glenn move on you are worth so much more than this spoilt brat

• Somehow I have a film before my eyes. About the Purple trouble back in the old days. Who had said what to whom and why, who called somebody names, who contributed to songs and who hadn't, and what have you not. Only then it all became known through the press much much later.

Now we have the internet and get all info within hours. Is that an advantage? Definitely yes as far as the cancellation is concerned before more fans bought tickets and made hasty travel arrangements. But otherwise? I'm not so sure.

First the sudden death of Lordy, now BCC goes up in smoke. What a sad year for us fans! :(

As far as Joe is concerned: I am very suspicious about people who need 'street teams' to promote themselves. Either you make it on your own or you don't.

@ Heidi and Stormy: Chin up. At least we have the Purple tour in November to look forward to. THEY won't let us down.

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• yes I know Lioness... but I'm really really sad since 2 days... and I can't think about something else for the moment... :( :( :(

• What a sad day clearly they did not find a way forward.
    Also did I miss something has Glenn said anymore that has prompted the response from Joe ?

• Hell hath no fury like a Glenn Hughes fan scorned.

(Hey...no one steal that, I might put that on a t-shirt and sell it ;) )

The news of the last few days are a real shame. Looking forward to what Glenn has up his sleeve for the future.

Chip

• ive been holding this back but im gonna say it now - something i think i noticed in Indy :mad: - SOME PEOPLE JUST CANT SHARE THE SPOTLITE - :mad: someone like that is better off alone - so be it

• Disappointing, but not surprising. Glenn was the driving force behind BCC, I think, because he had the most to gain from it. And so he was willing to put his solo career on the back burner for Black Country Communion, whereas Joe wasn't.

I think if the band had released 'Afterglow', done press together and maybe a couple well publicized promo performances (including Leno, Conan, Letterman, Eddie Trunk's show or something similar in the States?), given each other breathing room to do their own thing and then committed to tour after a fourth record, BCC might have continued. As it stands, it's back to business as usual for Bonamassa and Shirley.

I think it's time for Glenn to kick our asses with another solo album again!

• Let's be real here! The only reason BCC's music was good was because

of Glenn & his vision :bow: I was never that happy that Joe was in the

band! :( I always thought a real rocker should've been the choice!

Glenn will be fine as I said before & I look forward not backwards!

Let Joe (Laverne) & Shirley go off on their own way & make boring music

again! :lol: I love being a fan of Glenn's because every album is like Xmas! :D

You never know what it's going to be, but you know you will love it! :thumbup:

SCOTT

• A real disappointment for the fans and 3 members of the band. Joe announces a USA tour for March and April next year but cant find time for a few BCC shows! :confused: :mad: :( :rolleyes:

BCC was an opportunity for Glenn's songwriting to be put in the spotlight and that's the one big plus about it for me :thumbup: Joe hardly writes anything on his own albums never mind in BCC.

The biggest disappointment is that we wont hear the Afterglow songs live now or the older songs :( I think Glenn should at least do a small UK tour as "Songs from the Black Country" with a pure BCC setlist. He doesn't need a "supergroup" set of musicians to play with him as the songs stand up for themselves.

If only Chickenfoot hadn't formed, imagine Satriani, Hughes & Smith as a live 3 piece playing in the style of Trapeze! Let's try Vai, Hughes & Bonham instead.

I'll be consoling myself with a trip to see Rival Sons next saturday in Wolverhampton instead :bouncer: :thumbup: :clapper:

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• ive been holding this back but im gonna say it now - something i think i noticed in Indy :mad: - SOME PEOPLE JUST CANT SHARE THE SPOTLITE - :mad: someone like that is better off alone - so be it

Well now, I have had the same thoughts after seeing BCC watch the body language of Joe on the DVD, I don't see someone who is really into it.

For me it was during the tour last summer that any fire joe had for BCc was extinguished. Unfortunatley it is not as simply to replace Joe as the whole project is/ was funded by JR Adventures, so Joe had all the control.

It seems he could barely turn up to record Afterglow, contributed very little actuall writing, barely a word on its delivery. These are hardly the actions of a committed band member let alone the touring !!!

Action speak louder than words I'm afraid it does smell a little of spoilt kid syndrome.

Let's hope Glenn next project is based on a more stable and sustainable foundation!

• Thanks a lot for linking that comment of Joe! Unfortunately it proves the worries right that everyone had... :(
    Glenn's actual twitter answer to that:

RT @JBONAMASSA: I am very sorry about the Black Country Communion canceled gig. But principle still stands for something in 2012. I ready to move on... me too... GH

As much as I'm sorry about the cancelled gig, I also do understand Joe. If the good feelings between him and Glenn are gone and JB is "the bad boy" now for the end of BCC it might have been a lame show trying to continue as if nothing has happened. I'm the last person to appreciate this splitup but we all saw it coming. Glenn said the truth about his (and the fan's!) expectations of BCC being more on tour but maybe the timing saying it again and again wasn't chosen too well. It might have been a mistake trying to commit Joe to tour more with BCC by blaming him in public for a possible end of the band before the last album is out and the gig in Wolverhampton was played. If you put another one at the wall to be shot you shouldn't be surprised if he disappears. Even if your criticism is right. And the tweet that he could write a book about BCC might have been the last straw.

Waiting until January to see how the album and the gig in Wolverhampton was going and speaking to all band members and the producer first before going public about the future of BCC might have been better. I mean there's also Derek and Jason in the band, did anybody think of them two? What are their opinions about touring more with BCC? We all don't really know, do we? It's all about Glenn and Joe but this band has four members and not just two. I'm also thinking now that the cryptic message of Kevin Shirley was meant for Glenn. But it's a real shame that the last gig wasn't cancelled before the first tickets were sold and a lot of fans booked expensive travels which they can't get refunded now! :mad:

I'm still very sad about the ending of BCC but it's good to know the reasons behind all this hustle and I will surely still enjoy Afterglow. And now I'm looking forward again to Glenn's future projects! :)

That's it - hopelessly addicted to the voice from Cannock... 8)

• First the sudden death of Lordy, now BCC goes up in smoke. What a sad year for us fans! :(

As far as Joe is concerned: I am very suspicious about people who need 'street teams' to promote themselves. Either you make it on your own or you don't.

@ Heidi and Stormy: Chin up. At least we have the Purple tour in November to look forward to. THEY won't let us down.

Yes, I'm looking forward to DP a lot but this ending of BCC is still a bad one. Even though it was in the air I'm still sad about it because I love BCC 1 and 2 and I loved to see them live. Especially after the first gigs when they started to become really famous they did a great concert in London last year. I thought: that's it! They are on their way to Mars now and nobody can stop them! They were much better than the main act Dream Theater, all the critics were praising them after that show.
    But Joe's reaction in October about touring in 2012 was already surprising negative and I think there might have been more going on behind the scenes that we all don't know about...

• I just tried to read the original statement of Joe in his forum and the reactions of his fans but the whole thread about the cancelled BCC gig is gone. As if BCC never existed and now it's just the upcoming solo spring tour of JB that's important.

Now that is really the reaction of a spoilt kid that's just crying "Me! Me! Me!" and it's making me very angry :mad:

• I understand that Joe is to busy to tour he has a full agenda as a solo artist with a growing fan base.

But on the other hand if you join a supergroup like BCC that was succesfull from the 1ste album,you know playing live is part of the job...

I think Glenn has point he was the driving force behind the band spended lots of time and energie on each album.

Joe came in to the studio did his thing and thats it,the least thing he could do for his fellow bandmates is do a tour for 2 weeks.

And imo it must be an honour for a guy like Joe to share the stage with a guy like Glenn ;)

Glenn shared the truth with the fans and if you can't handle that you'r not even worth to share the stage with the rest of the guys...

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!