BCC - This Is The End... maybe... YES!

• For those that missed it in the earlier link... here's the short segment from last week's Hawaiian radio interview where stuttering

John

Joe was caught short when it came to a question about BCC - guess this latest installment was his way of correcting that sorry performance :sint2:

• Phew I can see both points of view here. I think Joe has been a little sensitive and Glenn has probably overstated a number of points in relation to the songwriting of Afterglow and perhaps the touring issue.

As I have said here before I hope a compromise can be found to allow at some point a few shows to take place probably in 2014 now !

I believe Glenn will be on a major tour anyway in 2013 with someone else and I guess Joe knows this to!!!!!

Lets see what plays out here but Iam hopefully and gratefull BCC rule !

• ...we shouldn't at all be surprised about this, according to Bonamassa...

Seems it's anyone's fault but his!

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/i…s-future-565671

Uufff... What an uncomfortable read, that one! Why bother hanging on to a wish "to hash this thing out" in private, when you can vent it out like that in public. I guess Joe won't be called to join the Messengers of Peace by the UN anytime soon...

...or maybe he will, since on his own forum considerable efforts are taken to keep the discussions moderate:

http://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewtopic.php?id=22605

http://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewtopic.php?id=22771

On a more positive note, glad to hear he's "particularly proud of this facet of [his] career".

"It's not what you say, it's the feeling that's the song"

• ...we shouldn't at all be surprised about this, according to Bonamassa...

Seems it's anyone's fault but his!

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/i…s-future-565671

It's amazing that Joe suddenly remembers Jason and Derek. One must not forget that those two play a few gigs here and a few gigs there every year, which can't be very fulfilling for any professional musician. Unless you're 95 and need to tour with an oxygen tent... :D

I got the impression that both would love to play in a real band with regular touring. And show me one artist who doesn't want to have success and a piece of the cake. Are Jason and Derek not entitled to that? Because of the ego of another person?

And I wonder what Joe means when he says HE has to book theatres three years in advance? :confused:

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• ...and Glenn has probably overstated a number of points in relation to the songwriting of Afterglow...

...just to clear that up... I think he's been pretty up front about that, as can be evidenced by the credits in the CD booklet... he's the primary lyrics writer on all but two songs... and a good chunk of the music too :thumbup:

• where on here did i hear glenn praising jasons efforts with the song writing?-no spotlight envy there :claphands

• ...there was an interview - probably in YouTube - where Glenn was praising Jason's ability to write songs...I think Glenn gives credit to the others too...and is right when he says that Joe doesn't have time to write...and I feel that that might have hurt Joe the most...truth hurts...but sometimes that's for good...:)

...Anyway...could someone give some information on Glenn's NEW band...? Pretty please - Bambi eyes...:) :) :) :) ?

:bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

T :)

• I feel kinda sad for Jason and Derek...:(

....and I can't understand why Glenn couldn't release now solo album...tour that (and the new superb secret thing)...and then record BCC3 (if Joe was available)...Jason and Derek could have played in Glenn's band...

...anyway this kind of reminds me of what happened after Iommi's Fused...there was talk about touring...but when you took a look at Glenn's (and Black Sabbath's) touring schedules it was obvious to see that there was no place for yet another tour in their calenders.

:bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

T :)

• Jason Bonham on Classic Rock:

Glenn, myself and Derek Sherinian, we’d love to tour. Maybe we’ll figure out some way to do it. Who knows? I just hope we can work something out

Anyway, all this is turning like a a soap ....

• I am very happy to finally have Jason pronounced. I think now it is clear that Joe is only not interested at the moment in BCC (I'm not criticizing him negatively, but the fact is, and he has his reasons). The output for this problem is obvious to find an excellent guitarist to replace Joe (very difficult thing for me, I would not want to see a virtuoso without feeling in the band) and make the tour as desired by the rest of the band and the fans .
    I'm sorry to say this but I do not like to see Glenn starting another band, starting from zero again, 'cause until the BCC is wonderful and has tremendous potential to be the best band of all time (for me it already is).
    Glenn Please, KEEP ALIVE THE BCC!!!!

• Another statement from Jason:

It's just something I was a little upset about, to say the least. Otherwise I would've said, 'Let's hold off the third album until we can tour.' But hopefully we can address the situation and maybe we can regroup at some point next year and tour and get it all back.”

“I always knew Joe was gonna be busy. I always knew that. Joe is a very successful solo artist. But..we got to a certain point with the three albums now...(that) it's a shame it won't be touring.

http://www.wrif.com/gmi/story.aspx?ID=1794154

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• A replacement would be an excellent idea. Imagine next year...a double-bill tour with a re-vamped BCC & Glenn's new band! Ha!

• If Joe is not in the band it will not be the same!
    Even I am too angry about the end of the best band of this century I must to say that without Joe BCC will be simply other band.
    And none of the band will not be willing to replace him.

So... The new secret project of Glenn sounds great! :bouncer:

- Jo :)

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!