BCC - This Is The End... maybe... YES!

• Richie Kotzen will be an excellent choice.
    He's a fantastic guitarist and he could share the vocals with Glenn.

• do you really serious when you think that BCC could be exist on future ?? :huh: :huh:

I'm sure that Glenn walk on the next move IMHO..

• do you really serious when you think that BCC could be exist on future ?? :huh: :huh:

I'm sure that Glenn walk on the next move IMHO..

Listen again to the Heidi & Frank interview at 8:23 ;)

...the music will live on, but I doubt under the BCC moniker... what with J&R being in that mix. It would seem to me, to be more practical to start a new... so we'll have to wait and see how it all unfolds :)

• Richie Kotzen will be an excellent choice.
    He's a fantastic guitarist and he could share the vocals with Glenn.

Richie is amazing. I love it, is a great guitarist and has a fantastic voice. Probably lots of interesting things could happen with his entry in the band but still do not know if his style would fit in the BCC. I do not see much "hard" in his playing, do not know if for something more hard rock seventies he would do something good for the BCC.
    With the Page, I would be too afraid of the band become a cover of Led Zeppelin or a "New Led Zeppelin", the same could happen with the project "Coverdale - Page," which did not please (although I feel very good) by lacking originality in their sound.
    A guitarist who I think could come in and break it Doug Aldrich, by hard, technique, feeling and influence in blues and hard Rock seventies, but surely it is impossible for their commitment with Whitesnake.
    Either way would have to be someone with a strong influence of the seventies, a strong influence of blues and blues rock ... and not be a virtuoso without feeling, then: John Sykes no way!!! hahahaha

• I think problem with BCC is that it started as a Glenn + Joe thing which expanded to a band (hobby) and in the end all 4 members were equally important...so that means that no one can be replaced without - BAND -losing something important...

Of course Deep Purple became even better with Bolin...and Van Halen with Hagar...but that kind of thing doesn't happen too often....so I'm not holding my breath.

:bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

NEXT!

T :)

• ...the music will live on, but I doubt under the BCC moniker... what with J&R being in that mix. It would seem to me, to be more practical to start a new... so we'll have to wait and see how it all unfolds :)

agree... :)

• What's up with the BCC website still being down for maintenance? Is this a sign that an update is looming? :confused:

...maybe a website update, but that's about it for now I would suspect, trust me ;) it's obviously J&R trying to make you think things are active and something imminent is coming down the pike... well, there is, but not from BCC :p :lol:

• ...maybe a website update, but that's about it for now I would suspect, trust me ;) it's obviously J&R trying to make you think things are active and something imminent is coming down the pike... well, there is, but not from BCC :p :lol:

thanks for the precision... :) perfect ! :thumbup:

• I hope it’s reincarnation for Derek, Jason and Glenn with a guitar player worthy of the status of this fine group of musicians. I hope Kevin Shirley is also involved because clearly there is a huge market for this music. With a good management team and record deal in place the success these guys deserve will come to them.Hopefully there will be album late summer and tour world tour in the fall.

Now for the guitar player...Jimmy Page with a mixture of Zep, BCC and new stuff !!! after all No Quarter was just off the hook live when I saw BCC play that !!! :)

I am probably so far of the mark it aint true but its great fun guessing!!

• I have to say the whole BCC thing has just been handled so poorly from a PR exercise. I could see things from Joe’s perspective for quite some time but he has contradicted himself saying he is not to blame for BCC not touring and then admitting he did want to tour, then he makes “I ve left the band leave me alone” statements on his own fan forum. His latest little outburst on his forum is a right hissy fit. I wish him well but clearly a band project is not for Joe ! His continued little jibes at Glenn demonstrate he does not like sharing the spotlight!! All that really happened was that Glenn told the truth as to why BCC would not tour. Now it’s a fact from the man who denied it had anything to do with him.

The truth shall set you free!!! :claphands

• I have followed this thread with some interest myself, but I have to say that I sincerely believe that BBC has done it's thing and is well and truly over.

That's not too say that it couldn't be revived at some point, (even with another guitarist - though it's unlikley, John Norum would be my personal pick), but I think the band's momentum has been lost and they could only really re-establish itself with a new line-up and a new album, and I just don't think that that is in the cards.

Joe Bonamassa's business group is too intertwined in everything BCC, and so w/o Bonamassa in the band...

I'd love to see Glenn include both Jason Bonham and/or Derek Sherininan in some future project or band, but I suspect that if he does it definitely won't be BCC.

It was good while it lasted, but then all good things come to an end, so its time for Glenn to move on to the next exciting and creative adventure in his musical career I'd say.

-Marc Fevre
    Napa, CA

• You just read my mind...can't say it better than that... :thumbup:

• In fact, I don"t give a **** if it is GLENN with his solo band or with BCC : Glenn music is Glenn music is good music :thumbup:

| Burn | Stormbringer | Come Taste The Band

• In fact, I don"t give a **** if it is GLENN with his solo band or with BCC : Glenn music is Glenn music is good music :thumbup:

100% RIGHT!!! When Glenn is in the project he makes miracle...just divine music...with or without Joe he will do it... :thumbup:

• In a recent interview with a German newspaper Joe Bonamassa says about BCC:

"In three years we did three albums and a live record. Now the band is just on ice. It will depend on what all want to do. It was never planned as something long-ranging. You know, such bands come and go. We had our fun. That's enough for me."

http://www.schwaebische.de/journal/kultur…id,5406983.html

I think I should stop googling for news about BCC. The more I read from JB about BCC the more upset I get... :(
    He even contradicts himself in a short statement like this ("...will depend on what all want to do..." - but it's enough for him).

I also still don't understand all the activities of his management with the accounts and the website of BCC. It makes me really angry. If it's over for Joe it would be nicer to leave it all alone. I mean, another German page is even speculating there would be a fourth album of BCC in the pipeline.

As a real fan of BCC I feel more and more twitted by Joe and his management :mad:

I wish they would leave us the good memories of BCC as a fantastic rock band instead of repeating it was just a short time fun project.

And no, meanwhile I don't want a BCC MKII anymore, I hope Glenn starts with a new band. But I would appreciate Derek and Jason in it. And of course I'm looking forward to live shows - with hopefully some BCC songs as well ;)

That's it - hopelessly addicted to the voice from Cannock... 8)

• OK, I think it's time to close this thread out soon, now that Glenn has told us all the current state of what was BCC via his recent interview with Rockline (if you can't hear it from here, it'll be available on the Rockline Replay page shortly).

Glenn Hughes... is Afterglow the last Black Country album? I believe so, not with myself, Derek and Jason. Unfortunately we won't be able to use the name, because Joe has taken it with him. So we'll be called something else. But everyone is on good speaking terms, it's been a period of grace now, where we can move on. But the band itself without Joe will continue. You know why? Because we love the songs and the fans. Those songs belong to the fans now, BCC fans rule. Thank you so much for the love. We shall return, you have my word... with a great guitar player.

It's going to be OK, the fact is I came up with the name, but Joe and his manager own the name, so we'll move on. No tears, just the legacy continues. We love you!

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!