BCC - This Is The End... maybe... YES!

• OK, I think it's time to close this thread out soon, now that Glenn has told us all the current state of what was BCC via his recent interview with Rockline (if you can't hear it from here, it'll be available on the Rockline Replay page shortly).

Glenn Hughes... is Afterglow the last Black Country album? I believe so, not with myself, Derek and Jason. Unfortunately we won't be able to use the name, because Joe has taken it with him. So we'll be called something else. But everyone is on good speaking terms, it's been a period of grace now, where we can move on. But the band itself without Joe will continue. You know why? Because we love the songs and the fans. Those songs belong to the fans now, BCC fans rule. Thank you so much for the love. We shall return, you have my word... with a great guitar player.

It's going to be OK, the fact is I came up with the name, but Joe and his manager own the name, so we'll move on. No tears, just the legacy continues. We love you!

Great news, thank you, David! That's what I was really hoping for :cool:
    Can't wait to hear and see the new band! :bouncer:

That's it - hopelessly addicted to the voice from Cannock... 8)

• As long as the Three Musketeers stick together, I really don't care under which name they perform.

Man, this Joey Bananas must really have one shrewd manager... :rolleyes: :mad:
    May they live happily ever after.

Look forward to a tour of the new band in 2014! :bouncer:

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• OK, I think it's time to close this thread out soon, now that Glenn has told us all the current state of what was BCC via his recent interview with Rockline (if you can't hear it from here, it'll be available on the Rockline Replay page shortly).

YES!!! Loved it! The name does not matter anymore. What matters is that somehow the BCC will be alive, either with another name, but his music will continue playing. Do not wait to be able to hear some songs from "Afterglow" live.
    Thanks Glenn, Jason and Derek for keeping classic rock alive!

• :cool: the name Black Country Communion matters a lot i think.
    Because it belongs to Glenn and Jason coming from the Black Country and going back to the Black Country, this is a wonderful story behind that name,(...) "a communion of souls"..., but it had not as immensly much to do with Bonamassa i think.
    If the bands name was "big apple" it would have been different,ha ha.

But so then there were three ( wasn't that another band?) and they carry on and sure will find another great bandname! :bouncer:
    greets
    Sigurd

• ...as I mentioned earlier, I think it's time to close this thread out, as the question of whether BCC has ended, has now been answered and to make that perfectly clear, Glenn even reiterated it this morning... so topic closed :)

BCC is over... Joe left & will not allow us to keep the name... nice huh? Jason Derek and I will continue with a different name when the time is right...

• Hi,
    don't follow Kevin Shirley's tweets...but friend of mine told yesterday that Kevin has said that there will be new BCC album in 2015? ...how this fits into big plan?

:bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

T :)

May be its a contractual live album

...KS posted that ages ago... post-Afterglow. He obviously didn't get the memo :D That's not to say J&R won't dig up some BCC related material in the future; they own the back catalog, so who knows what might happen!

But as far as Glenn is concerned, it's done and OVER... so no need to speculate further on his participation! This just from yesterday, in case you don't believe me ;) :P

...so thread now closed!

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!