BCC - This Is The End... maybe... YES!

• Glenn Hughes Says New Black Country Communion Album May Be Band's Last...

More @ http://abcnewsradioonline.com/music-news/201…m-may-be-b.html

• Hi,
    these are kinda "funny" times... I'm waiting for Afterglow - I want to hear it - but at the same time I'm already looking forward to hearing/seeing Glenn's next thing... and to be honest I have bigger expectations to later one...:)

...to be honest - I don't understand what Joe is thinking - he could do double bill if he really wanted to play also blues tours...

:bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

T :)

• Not really surprising for me, but still sad to read it in print :(

Glenn, I'd like to SEE you in a band that tours on a REGULAR basis.

GO FOR IT - take a walk on the wild side... ;) :thumbup:

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• Although the other thread surmised this, Usually when you guys figure something out and it's not true Glenn denys it. This time he didn't, so despite my postings I figured this probablyy was coming.

• Let's just be honest! Joe was never really behind this band from the

start :( or he would've been wanting to support each album with tours

everywhere! :confused: He still could've put out solo albums as well! BCC was

a good idea, they just needed a different axe slinger who put the band

first as Glenn & the others were willing to do! I can't wait for a new rock

band with Glenn! :thumbup: I will buy & enjoy Afterglow but am mad I'll never see

them live! :(

SCOTT

• Interesting post from Joe on his own forum, he does not except he is the reason that BCC does not tour or is he saying BCC has no future. He suggests Glenn is creating some unnecessary drama!!' and that he hopes the PR tour focuses on Afterglow! The album!

• Interesting post from Joe on his own forum, he does not except he is the reason that BCC does not tour or is he saying BCC has no future. He suggests Glenn is creating some unnecessary drama!!' and that hw hopes the PR tour focuses on Afterglow! The album!

Thank you, this posting just made me look into the forum of JB, reading the hot discussions about the future of BCC and Joe's part in it. Well, we all don't know what's happening behind the curtains but I will never forget Joe's reaction last October when I asked him about touring plans with BCC in 2012: http://www.glennhughes.com/fanforum/showp…092&postcount=6.

I was very much afraid that the end of BCC was already there. At that time even producer Kevin Shirley was hoping for a third album this summer as originally planned. So in October 2011 things were already looking bad for the future of BCC. And when Glenn kept mentioning a "trilogy" I thought: was it all a deal about three albums? Maybe with the option to continue if BCC is successful and to stop the project if not?

Don't know and I doubt the truth will ever come out. But I remember Glenn tweeting about starting to write songs for BCC3, then he said he's writing songs for a solo album and then he wrote songs for BCC3 again. So to me it looked as if the production of BCC3 was on and off and finally I'm just glad about the release next month and I'm very much looking forward to the "Afterglow", even if it will be with a big tear in my eye.

And I hope there will still be some promotional gigs (in Europe?) like JB already announced. But personally I also don't see a future for BCC anymore which I really, really regret.

That's it - hopelessly addicted to the voice from Cannock... 8)

• How bout carrying on with a new guitarist?

On the surface, that sounds like a good idea... but think about it... who finances the whole BCC thing? No doubt they'd want a cut of anything related to BCC... so they'd reap the rewards for doing absolutely nothing... so for that reason alone, I don't think we'll see the current line-up of BCC live in any proper touring mode again, otherwise it's just a tribute band :eek:

The real losers here, are us the fans, so no matter who says what... we get shafted... but hey, at least we have this third BCC album and from a GH fan standpoint, a whole new chapter to look forward to and enjoy :cool1:

So meantime, can't wait to hear this newly penned Glenn masterpiece from BCC :)

• On the surface, that sounds like a good idea... but think about it... who finances the whole BCC thing? No doubt they'd want a cut of anything related to BCC... so they'd reap the rewards for doing absolutely nothing... so for that reason alone, I don't think we'll see the current line-up of BCC live in any proper touring mode again, otherwise it's just a tribute band :eek:

The real losers here, are us the fans, so no matter who says what... we get shafted... but hey, at least we have this third BCC album and from a GH fan standpoint, a whole new chapter to look forward to and enjoy :cool1:

So meantime, can't wait to hear this newly penned Glenn masterpiece from BCC :)

I agree David, J&R adventures have been in controll all along . I also except that without them there probably would not have been a BCC. For Joe to say he gives his full blessings to Glenn to go out on the road with another guitarist is pure folly! If Afterglow makes them a decent return then maybe another album but clearly they invest in Joe first second and third.

To a degree this has all been bonus income for them all along with only minimal investment. Just compare the BCC web site to Joes own , light and day.

My best guess is that Glenn was given some indications that there was going to be more focus on BCC than actually happened. Anyway as I said before in the final analysis we have what will be three great albums and Glenn 's profile raised considerably. Also what sounds like a new project to rival or exceed BCC, I hope ! So all good :clapper:

• I don't envy Glenn the job he has to do at the moment - going on a promo tour for an album of a future has-been-band! :eek:

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• As sad as it is :( I am not worried about the future! Just like the Phoenix,

Glenn always rises from the ashes & comes back strong! :bow:

SCOTT

• Joe plays big venue's as a solo artist,he build it it from a local pub to 5000 cap arena's.
    I can understand that he goes for his solo carreer and that BCC is more a side project for him.
    JB mention it before find a killer replacement and go out on the road,it's not up to Joe it's up to the rest of the guys ;)

• Joe plays big venue's as a solo artist,he build it it from a local pub to 5000 cap arena's.
    I can understand that he goes for his solo carreer and that BCC is more a side project for him.
    JB mention it before find a killer replacement and go out on the road,it's not up to Joe it's up to the rest of the guys;-)

BCC is the sum of the parts, it would not work for me if any of them were replaced. The essential chemistry would be lost.

May as well form a new Band !!!!!!!!!

• BCC is the sum of the parts, it would not work for me if any of them were replaced. The essential chemistry would be lost.

May as well form a new Band !!!!!!!!!

I agree,BCC would not be the same without Joe.
    Purple also did gigs with other players and that worked out very well.
    John Norum on tour with bcc would be something great ;)

• It would be no problem for a guy like John Norum to fill the spot, but better to form a completely new band. Also, looking forward to Glenn going into new directions, not necessarily having to conform to the "classic rock" format of BCC.

• I agree,BCC would not be the same without Joe.
    Purple also did gigs with other players and that worked out very well.
    John Norum on tour with bcc would be something great ;)

great but impossible.. John Norum is totally involved in Europe..

• great but impossible.. John Norum is totally involved in Europe..

Yes i know he has a full job with Europe and also he became dad for the second time a couple of months ago.
    But till now there are no dates planned for 2013 for Europe ;)

John Norum was the first guy that came in my mind as a replacement for Joe...

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!