Glenn Hughes : The Movie ?

• Hi! I'm a new member here (I previously introduced myself in the "Greetings" thread.) and the first thing that I want to do is open up a discussion regarding a Facebook post that came up on the Deep Purple (69-76) page.

In January, a picture of Glenn came up with the following text:

"Glenn Hughes -The Voice Of Rock....Rumour is that Glenn's life is the subject of a new Hollywood production, taking in the drama of the Mk3 & Mk 4 tours.....more news throughout 2012!"

But I really don't know what 'rumour' they're talking about, because I can't find information on this anywhere else, and of course, there hasn't been any "news" throughout 2012.

Of course, the most important thing that we're all waiting for is the mystery project that Glenn has been hinting at, and then Afterglow from BCC....but not many prospects are more exciting than "Glenn Hughes: The Movie."

That being said...does anyone have any clue about this?

-Dom

• That will be exciting if it is true :bouncer: But if it isn't true, it's not a bad idea for the future! :cool: Maybe we can expect the film after the " Afterglow". Who knows? ;)

• Cool idea for all us fans here & Purple fans! :thumbup: But let's be honest here!

Not many people even know who Glenn is! :D People at record stores don't

always know who he is! He's not well known like Ozzy! :D

SCOTT

• That is a good point, really. I'm still uncertain about how popular Glenn is. What level of status does he have in Rock history for average people who aren't necessarily the devout fans that we are? Among which other musicians does he sit, popularity wise?

• If a movie was ever made... I would guess it would be more along the lines of his Autobiography, so not as much about Glenn Hughes specifically, but more a story of how an aspiring musician and very young man, became a rockstar, then later an overnight millionaire with all the surrounding trappings, followed by his downward spiral in to sex, drugs and rock n' roll :)

Finally, bouncing back and turning his life around... that's more of a movie for the masses... but we shall have to wait and see, eh!

• If a movie was ever made... I would guess it would be more along the lines of his Autobiography, so not as much about Glenn Hughes specifically, but more a story of how an aspiring musician and very young man, became a rockstar, then later an overnight millionaire with all the surrounding trappings, followed by his downward spiral in to sex, drugs and rock n' roll :)

Finally, bouncing back and turning his life around... that's more of a movie for the masses... but we shall have to wait and see, eh!

Yeah, that would make sense. Still a worthwhile movie!

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!