BCC ~ Afterglow ~ arrives Oct 30 2012

• I think he was more referring to how well the album is received.

Kind of I've done all I can do and am doing all that I can do, now let the chips fall where they may.

I also don't see it as Joe being the boss nor do I think he thinks that. I think its more a case of it being a side gig for him and not one he really wants to spend a whole lot of time with. His solo gig is his thing and he is on tour for most of the year, every year doing that.

As I said yesterday, I have a gut feeling he'll be doing something with at least one member of BCC, if not more than one. Who else will be involved? Your guess is as good as mine ;)

• As I said yesterday, I have a gut feeling he'll be doing something with at least one member of BCC, if not more than one. [...] Your guess is as good as mine ;)

I have guessed, but won't tell :)

The silence surrounding this matter is in itself quite an achievement, but - as we all surely know - some people find it harder to resist the urge to unzip it, so to speak, which is of course true in several aspects of human behaviour. And these days, with videocameras in every other pocket, even the quickest and most innocent unzipping might be there for all to see and hear in a heartbeat... :rolleyes:

"It's not what you say, it's the feeling that's the song"

• In fairness to Joe he has worked his butt of to establish himself over many years!

It's perfectly natural he does not want to lose momentem . It was never HIS plan to form a band. Iam sure it's been quite difficult for him at times. You have to say he has never over plugged the band and has remained consistent that his solo band will always come first.

Respect!

For me I would love BCC to be a full time touriing recording rock band! Let's ensue Afterglow sells well enough to make it a no brainier for Joe!!!

• As I said yesterday, I have a gut feeling he'll be doing something with at least one member of BCC, if not more than one. Who else will be involved? Your guess is as good as mine ;)

It's quite simple.
    Replace Joe with an other guitarplayer.
    I always thought that Joe didn't fit in.
    On the first one he shared some vocals with Glenn and had his own track. But on the second one he was mainly the guitarplayer.
    And to me his guitarwork isn't that spectacular.

It's obvious that Joe's solo career gets his first attention.
    Very understandable, but if BCC wants to go to a higher level they have to tour more and that's impossible with Joe.

• Well it is for certain that they have hurt themselves by not jumping on the early success of the two albums. They really seemed poised to take it to that higher level and you could just feel the air coming out of it with the lack of live shows.

I have to vehemently disagree with you about Joe though. I've seen him live 8 times now and he is spectacular! He is also a damned good songwriter in his own right and certainly played a big role on both albums. He has two songs on BCC 2, Hadrian's Wall and Ordinary Son so I don't see that either.

All that said, they must tour more and put in the time, and I don't think anyone disagrees with this.

• Anyhoo... ;) Apparently there will be a 45-minute documentary 'The Making Of... 'Afterglow'' to be released with a special edition double disc CD/DVD by Mascot Label Group/Provogue Records :cool1:

The one they filmed last week? :) :) :) :)

Well to be honest I didn't expect them to have cameras rolling while they were actually recording...

Hmmm isn't that their European label? If I pre-order, will I get American one without DVD?

:bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

T :)

• Track listing:

Here's a breakdown of the album’s contents in the words of Glenn Hughes:

More info @ http://www.noblepr.co.uk/Press_Releases…n/afterglow.htm

• thank you very much David :thumbup:

it seems that John Bonham will be very present on Afterglow's songs and Joe not really..

• Thank you David! :) I can't wait to hear "Afterglow"! :bouncer: It's great that Jason will be very present in this album! He is very good drummer! :cool: If his father could see him he would have been very proud!

P.S.- "I wrote it slower than we recorded it. Maybe i had too much coffee that day!"... GH - Always with humor! :lol:

- Jo ;)

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!