New Glenn Music?

• Glenn tweets:new music flowin up the hills in Palos Verdes in august.
    a new brotherhood, sounds interesting :clapper:

so light a candle in the window.......
    i will be coming home tonite

• Glenn talks about it for months in his tweets.
    I am surprised that there aren't discussions about it here.
    There were so many speculations three years ago, when BCC started, but now nobody says a word :confused:

:ghcp:

• Lazy, you're quite right.

Seemed when BCC was starting people had suspicions about who was involved. Maybe that isn't the case now, the players involved have managed to keep it quiet?

I think they may be calling themselves,

Brotherhood :)

• Glenn's new band?: Glenn, Chad Smith and Steve Vai. Today in the studio recording a song for JON tribute. Will this be the new super-group? I think and understand the fact that Glenn don't like the less touring of BCC. According to the tour scedule of Joe Bonamassa, deep into 2013 I think there will not be a lot of touring with BCC after the third album. So maybe this new band will bring a good rock album and a lot of touring ;)

| Burn | Stormbringer | Come Taste The Band

• Now that would truly be a Super Group! :bow:

BCC is good but not great because Joe B. isn't much of a Rocker! :confused:

Great blues player though! :cool:

Hope Glenn & Steve do an album soon! :thumbup:

SCOTT

• Glenn's new band?: Glenn, Chad Smith and Steve Vai. Today in the studio recording a song for JON tribute. Will this be the new super-group? I think and understand the fact that Glenn don't like the less touring of BCC. According to the tour scedule of Joe Bonamassa, deep into 2013 I think there will not be a lot of touring with BCC after the third album. So maybe this new band will bring a good rock album and a lot of touring ;)

I was thinking in the same direction but then I got irritated by a yesterday's tweet of Chad Smith. He said he was waiting for the Russian Ballet to start. What? At Glenn's house? He even posted a pic: http://lockerz.com/s/226420751 and RHCP are playing in St. Petersburg tonight.
    Got curious and looked up Steve Vai's tweets. He was in London on Sunday, going to have two days of press before the G3 tour - which starts today in Amsterdam.

I don't understand this...?

That's it - hopelessly addicted to the voice from Cannock... 8)

• ...from the mixing desk of Producer, Fabrizio Grossi...

I am honored and humbled to say that i just finished the mind blowing production and mix rendition of Deep Purple's "Highway Star" for the 40th anniversary celebration of Machine Head's release, featuring none other than Steve Vai, Glenn Hughes and Chad Smith ! It's so intense that all of you Deep Purple fans out there, will burst of joy when you'll hear it. Amazing musicians and an incredible performance... PRICELESS !!! I would humbly dedicate my work on this unique piece to the memory of the great Jon Lord : rest in peace Maestro, cause you know your music won't ! ...see you on the other side !

• I was thinking in the same direction but then I got irritated by a yesterday's tweet of Chad Smith. He said he was waiting for the Russian Ballet to start. What? At Glenn's house? He even posted a pic: http://lockerz.com/s/226420751 and RHCP are playing in St. Petersburg tonight.
    Got curious and looked up Steve Vai's tweets. He was in London on Sunday, going to have two days of press before the G3 tour - which starts today in Amsterdam.

I don't understand this...?

Understandable. Those guys don't need to be there for a vocal recording session.

• Understandable. Those guys don't need to be there for a vocal recording session.

That's the only explanation I understand. But when I read this tweet:
    "The session today was EPIC..Steve Vai's playin' was from another Planet: Chad as always, Killed..the man is also from another world..haha!"
    I thought they've all been together in the studio like the session with BCC. But the instrumental session with Steve and Chad probably happened much earlier or was recorded seperately for the original reason (the 40th anniversary celebration of Machine Head's release). Thanks, now my head is clear again ;)

And thanks a lot, David, for quoting the producer! (I'm surprised it's not KS.) Now we know the dedicated title as well and I'm very curious about the whole release of Machine Head... :)

That's it - hopelessly addicted to the voice from Cannock... 8)

• I was at the G3 concert in Amsterdam. After the show I had a short chat with (among others) Steve Vai. I asked Steve how he managed it so quickly from the recording studio in L.A. to Amsterdam. He said that he already recorded the guitar for that song in an earlier stadium. I reminded him of Glenn's tweet that his solo had a sound from outher space. He laughed and said "wait till you hear it, it's amazing". Then I had the idea to ask him about a new superband with Glenn and Chad.........but I didn't because I like to be suprised in August ;)

• I don't think it's the new Glenn's band. The new 'Machine Head' tribute album was announced today. It has written 'Highway Star - Glenn Hughes /Steve Vai/ Chad Smith' on the cover (instead of the name of the new band).

• I agree to Ken and Lazy who were the first and second on this topic. It's fun to speculate a bit about the new band/project. Maybe Hughes Smith and Vai is not the band because they don't have a bandname (yet). But Crosby Stills Nash and Young was also not a real bandname ;) but, so to say a brandname. Also Paice Ashton and Lord was a pretty good one :thumbup:

When BCC got first on stage together, there was no Black Country Communion name at that time.

Maybe the new band or project were Glenn was tweeting about will be something completely different and has nothing to do with Smith and Vai. But it's fun to think who could be in that band.

A second try (don't take it to serious, because it's fun). The band could be GLENN, of course, with Jason Bonham and..........Jimmy Page. Explanation: BCC is not touring a lot. Glenn likes to tour a lot with his band. So is Jason. And since the O2 Led Zeppelin reunion (with Jason) a few years ago, Jason have said on several interviews that he, Jimmy and John Paul Jones were in for a tour. Robert Plant didn't want a Zep tour. Jason also said that Jimmy liked to tour. BCC did on BCC2 Save Me, a song that was mean't for Zep. Why not make the circle complete: Glenn, Jason and Jimmy started a band. This "Purple Zeppelin" will be anounced in August. Not to serious, folks :)

• it could be the Hughes/Thrall reunion at last?

so light a candle in the window.......
    i will be coming home tonite

• I have a feeliing the new project is also with JOE
    Who else I have no idea but it's going to be very special I'm sure :p

• I don't think the new project is with Joe.
    Obviously for Joe B. his solo career is in the first place.
    Why he should start a new project, when he hasn't enough time even for BCC?
    But Glenn's last tweets hint a FREE connection...

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!