• I think it's no secret here that I've never understood the hype about Mr. Bonamassacre. And I've never been on his mail list.

What is his ever faithful street team trying to sell you, Kev - his used bubble gum? :p :D

Now look what you've done Lioness, you've given his manager another sales angle! ;)

In the first instance, I admired the game plan. Being a pro muso myself, I know how hard it is to monetize your offerings, and also get the greater slice of the pie, but I think they've crossed the line. Joe B FX pedals, Joe B bobbleheads for chrissakes! You know when you get 'charity fatigue'? Well, it's kinda like that....which makes me think, surely, step back and do a BCC tour next year, instead of the relentless solo thing, but, each to his own.

• To answer the question: HTP. Love the duel vocals and have always been a huge JLT fan anyhow.
    As for JB and his marketing, just think KISS. It worked for them, so maybe Joe can start wearing makeup and costumes
    and sell lunchboxes :rolleyes: :confused:

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• Now look what you've done Lioness, you've given his manager another sales angle! ;)

Holy crap! I didn't think of that! :eek: Gotta be more careful with my ideas... ;)

@ Frank: At least KISS is on tour at the moment! :thumbup:

Wish I could say the same about BCC :(

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• @ Frank: At least KISS is on tour at the moment! :thumbup:

Wish I could say the same about BCC :(

But JB is certainly on tour. I don't fully understand how Joe can tour his solo music all over the world, but we haven't had a GH solo tour in these parts since a one off show in LA in 2009...maybe G should try some of that crazy marketing :thumbup:

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• But JB is certainly on tour. I don't fully understand how Joe can tour his solo music all over the world, but we haven't had a GH solo tour in these parts since a one off show in LA in 2009...maybe G should try some of that crazy marketing :thumbup:

JB can tour selling his solo music, because Glenn had to write the BCC songs, the others just joined for a couple of days to do their thing.
    After that Glenn had to go out and promote Afterglow.

And Glenn is, imho, to often involved with all kinds of charity things, one-offs etc.
    He should concentrate more on his own thing.

That Marshall gig, Kings Of Chaos and so one will not break the market for him.

Or maybe he is just killing time before his new brotherhood will come alive.

• I think it's no secret here that I've never understood the hype about Mr. Bonamassacre. And I've never been on his mail list.

What is his ever faithful street team trying to sell you, Kev - his used bubble gum? :p :D

I'm not a fan of him either.
    When I saw him on stage he reminded me of that Cheap Trick guy (Rick Nielsen). Always changing guitars, wearing a stupid cap.

I've listened to several of his albums, saw a couple of DVD's.
    Still can't figure out what's so special about him.

• I'm not a fan of him either.
    When I saw him on stage he reminded me of that Cheap Trick guy (Rick Nielsen). Always changing guitars, wearing a stupid cap.

I've listened to several of his albums, saw a couple of DVD's.
    Still can't figure out what's so special about him.

People can be upset with Joe because of apparent lack of interest in BCC. I get that. But to say he's nothing special IMO is ridiculous! He is a brilliant player and performer. He is definitely more of a side man in BCC and perhaps he realized he doesn't like that role so much.

I've seen him live several times now including twice with BCC. I can tell you that he puts on one hell of a show and is a great guitar player. Check out his many albums. Much like Glenn, he has some serious gems in his back catalog. Great music. I know that music is like food and to argue about it is silly. We all like what we like. I just sense here that some have a preconceived opinion here about Joe B and haven't REALLY seen what he's all about musically. He is truly one of the best out there today.

All this said, I hope that they (BCC) find a way to do more down the road. This is special music and it isn't just something that you can throw together with just anyone. In any case I look forward to whatever Glenn has going on next. He truly is at the top of his game right now. Just amazing!!

• ...that Joe B really is one of the most outstanding guitarists out there today. I've seen him live solo, and his mastery of the instrument is without question, but he is becoming overshadowed by the relentless grinding of his 'team machine', and I believe, while his playing has always had a depth and maturity beyond his years, I see little clues that the 'boy who grew up too soon' perhaps lags behind a little in other areas. This is not a criticism. Simply an observation of a phenomenon that threatens all young prodigies, and has perhaps has contributed to some degree to the impasse in which BCC find themselves. I feel a little sour about things. Is it directed towards Joe? Probably. Do I respect and admire his abilities? Absolutely.

• BCC!!!!! And I'm sorry to say this but JLT never really caught my attention. I think he is much below potential vocal compared with Glenn Hughes for example ... but it's just my opinion.

• :cool: BCC !! The mixture of musicians is great.
    i wonder sometimes when Joe Bonamassa is talking about BCC Two as heavy metal music.
    I'll never get the idea of heavy metal in BCC, because it is real hardrock.
    A big difference. Also when people are talking about Deep Purple as a heavy metal band i wouldn't agree.
    I personally don't like heavy metal but i do love hardrock, i mean Ritchie Blackmore could shock the audience (and the orchestra in the Royal Albert Hall) in 1969 with one Vox AC 30 amp.
    And today guitarplayers also Bonamassa have got a whole guitarshop on stage.
    I also like guitarplayers who go on stage with only one small but good amp so Jeff Beck did. And Sören Anderson with Glenn Solo had a killertone on stage with one Koch amp plus 4-12 box on Musikmesse Frankfurt some years ago.

greets
    Sigurd

• 'The Ledge' is one I'd return to from the HTP debut.
    Off the second HTP the track,which eludes me now,
    where Steve Via guested got my attention.
    Regarding BCC,I liked the punch and directness of 'One Last Soul'.
    'Cold' live or studio is a killer-diller.''Little Secrets' with that descending George Harrison-esque chord progression is memorable.
    'Collide' had that Zep-esque stop start riffing that wears a bit thin nowdays but I may warm to it in the context of the new album.
    With BCC previously Glenn's funk-soul leanings were not really represented there-in, a shame.
    A proper Hughes/Thrall new album and Tour would be a dream come true and would trump HTP and BCC for me anyway.

• I try not to compare Glenn's collaborations, but do want to mention that he definitely seems to shine when he collaborates with other artists. Case in point: Hughes/Iommi, BCC, Deep Purple, to name a few. His solo work was primarily funk driven, which I always struggled with a bit.

BCC, though, is hard rock straight in your face; and while there is no new ground broken, the music is of the highest quality, which in the rock arena we don't get a lot of these days. I thoroughly enjoy it. I still regard "Fused" as his masterpiece though (as far as collaborations are concerned).

HTP stuff, while easily likeable, it felt a bit too commercial (as almost anything that JLT does).

Hughes/Thrall -- also felt too pop-ish, if you will. But would be cool if a second album came out just to see the progression hopefully away from pop

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!