G3: Satriani, Vai and Morse in Europe 2012!

• Coming up this summer: the fantastic G3 Line Up live in Europe with Joe Satriani (of course), Steve Vai and the phenomenal STEVE MORSE (since a very long time Steve with his solo band in Europe). MORSE RULES :thumbup:

| Burn | Stormbringer | Come Taste The Band

• He Yvonne. Lucky for you you won a ticket for Hamburg.
    Unfortunately it's a sad day of JON passing away. I hope Joe and
    SteveM. will dedicate some songs to the godfather of hammond. Maybe they do some JON LORD classics in the G3 jam. I'm looking forward to the show this friday in Amsterdam. First time I see Steve with his own band. Amsterdam is the first show of the European tour so I definately think the show will be in the spirit of dear JON :thumbup:

• Im feeling pretty sick about not getting to Germany this year. This week there's Blackmore, G3 with Satriani, Morse and Vai and the German Grand Prix....to top it off the Nurburgring is going into bankruptcy, who knows the future of tourist laps there???? Did a week of a very similar trip three years ago...kind of felt that was it and was fine with not going in 10 and 11, now this year I feel different. I just don't want to go 3000 grand and more in the hole to go on vacation :( I love getting away to Germany, always feels more civilized than LA, people have manners (I actually have to re learn having to say hello and good morning to strangers Lol) and it's my favorite place in the whole world. I'm sure the Blackmore shows and the G3 will have even some kind of tributes after losing Jon Lord.

• Thank you, my friends!

As you can imagine, when I got that mail on Monday morning, I felt very euphoric during the day. Until I read the very sad news in the evening...

Just glad that it is not a Purple concert right now.

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• The G3 opening of the Euro tour concert in Amsterdam was superb. Unfortunately no JON tribute (maybe to short to rehearse). Steve Morse opened the evening with Name Dropping from the last Steve Morse Band album Out Standing In Their Fields. Loud, great sound. Steve and bassplayer Dave LaRue at their best. Great show, rock, blues, jazz with classical influences. Steve Vai after that. Amazing, what a technical player. I must say, I prefer his work with Alcatrazz (Graham Bonnet) and Whitesnake and his work on HTP2. With those band he plays more in the song and not just solos. After that Joe Satriani. Rock and roll from another planet: partytime. Last was the G3 jam, with highest point their version of Cream's White Room.

A great concert day.

God bless JON his music rules for ever :thumbup:

• Im feeling pretty sick about not getting to Germany this year. This week there's Blackmore, G3 with Satriani, Morse and Vai and the German Grand Prix....to top it off the Nurburgring is going into bankruptcy, who knows the future of tourist laps there????

I love getting away to Germany, always feels more civilized than LA, people have manners (I actually have to re learn having to say hello and good morning to strangers Lol) and it's my favorite place in the whole world.

I'm sure the Blackmore shows and the G3 will have even some kind of tributes after losing Jon Lord.

John,

Due to contractual commitments, the racetrack at the Nürburgring and the Rock am Ring Festival will keep going on for a couple of years. It's the funfair which was built about two years ago which is going into bankruptcy.

Funny how other nations see my nation. I mostly think the other way round ;)

In Hamburg, Steve Morse played a Dixie Dreg number in honour of Jon. Blackmore played SOTW as tribute to Jon in Berlin.

In Prague, G3 became G4 - they were joined by Al di Meola during the encore! :bouncer:
    [ame='

Jam with Al Di Meola - "Rockin in the Free World" (Neil Young) - YouTube[/ame]

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!