RIP Ronnie Montrose

• Ronnie Montrose passed away from prostate cancer on 3-3-12
    Ronnie played with Glenn, Marc Bonilla, and Keith Emerson on some california shows a few years back.
    His stellar work with Sammy Hagar in Montrose will never be forgotten.
    Ronnie played on so many big albums through the 70's & 80's including Van Morrison, Gary Wright, Edgar Winter, Dan Hartman, Tony Williams and Marc Bonilla to just name a few.
    RIP Ronnie & thank you so much for the music you shared.

so light a candle in the window.......
    i will be coming home tonite

• Ronnie was one of my absolute idols. From seeing Montrose open for The Who in 1974 at MSG, up until this past November when I saw him for the final time, he has been on the top of my list of performers. Met him briefly a few times and had been planning a trip to NYC in May to see him at BB Kings on the 18th. He will be missed.
    The Largo Cultural Center here is auctioning off one of his guitars this Summer that he signed and played last year after a performance. I had planned on making a hefty bid already, but now I am pretty much willing to break the bank to get it for my wall.

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• I HAD tickets to see him in Annapolis, Maryland in May....I was really looking forward to attending this show....especially since he was going to perform the entire 1st album....RIP Ronnie....:(

• A good friend of mine, Gene Baker, has been building Ronnie's guitars for the past decade or so and I was fortunate enough to have met him on 2 occasions, most recently last October and he was such a
    down to earth, genuinely nice person. It was shocking to hear that he had left us. It seemed that he had overcome and won his bout with cancer.
    During this past year, he toured from Seattle to New York and many points in between- he literally Rocked The Nation, till the very end. I'm sure he wouldn't have had it any other way. He is missed already.

• A celebratory tribute concert is all set for the SF Bay Area on Friday, April 27th... (see below)... featuring both current and former members of Gamma, Montrose, Journey, Chickenfoot, Styx, KISS, Y&T, Tesla, Mr. Big and more... shame GH won't be there, what with the Rock N Roll Allstars gigs in Central & South America going on at the same time...

• It's been revealed that the cause of death was actually a self inflicted gunshot wound. A very sad development, even considering his terminal illness.
    R.I.P.

MEDUSA

• I read it also.
    I also read the messages he sent to his wife before he ended his life.
    Really shocking.

• Good to see Ed Roth on keys, participating at the tribute gig in San Francisco, the other night... along with Frank Hannon (Tesla) and Jeff Watson (Night Ranger)...
    [ame='

concert for Ronnie Montrose ' Frankenstein ' @ the regency ballroom in san francisco 4 / 27 / 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

• RONNIE'S ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS EVER AND ALWAYS WILL BE. THANKS FOR POSTIN HERE. I'LL SURELY ALWAYS ENJOY HIS MUSIC AND MISS HIM DEARLY.
    [ame='

MONTROSE TRIBUTE CONCERT - One Thing On My Mind - YouTube[/ame]

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!