Stevie Wonder - Innervisions

• Been getting into this album lately.

I hear some vague connections between Wonder's Innervisions and Glenn's Play Me Out. The way of singing, some of the moods.

Does anyone have any recommendations for albums similar in style?

• Glenn was and is a big fan of Stevie. I have no similar recommendations, but I should say: listen for the difference to Motorhead :)

| Burn | Stormbringer | Come Taste The Band

• Does anyone have any recommendations for albums similar in style?

You could try 'Music Of My Mind' from Mr. Wonder or pretty much anything from Donny Hathaway, the classics by Marvin Gaye, 'What's Going On' and Curtis Mayfield's 'Superfly' even Otis Redding's, 'Otis Blue / Otis Redding Sings Soul'. They're a good starting point anyways :thumbup:

• A bit more funky is the double album "Songs in the Key of Life" by Stevie Wonder which I heard endlessly when it came out :)

"Lovely Day: The Best of Bill Withers" or "Now and Then" by Smokey Robinson are more in the soul mood of what you might be looking for, also a lot of the O'Jays, Tavares, The Whispers or Commodores are going in that direction.

One of my all time favs and a real recommendation would also be "In Flight" by George Benson, a fantastic mixture of Soul, Funk and a bit of Jazz with great singing and guitar playing.

That's it - hopelessly addicted to the voice from Cannock... 8)

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!