• Hi there everyone!
    I don't usually join online fanclubs, etc. but after seeing the amazing Mr. Glenn Hughes at the NAMM Show in Anaheim this weekend, I decided to jump on-board.
    I've heard his earlier work with Deep Purple and Black Sabbath but didn't really recognize what an extraordinary talent Glenn really is until I was introduced to Black Country Communion about a year and a half ago.

I've been a fan ever since :ghcp:

I saw Glenn briefly on Friday, Jan 20, 2012 during a scheduled appearance for Samson Technologies and caught a quick picture. Then, on Saturday, while in the lobby of the Anaheim Convention Center, while watching a band set up on the main stage, guess who walks past not more than 2 feet in front of me? No security or entourage- just Glenn. So, I reached out and touched him on the shoulder to get his attention then say, "Hi Glenn."

I wish I could've videotaped the encounter because it was amusing the way that he looked at me, half-smiled and replied, "Hello Darling! How are you doing?" before continuing on to wherever he was heading.

Soooo nice to see an accomplished musician who is down to earth :clapper:

I wish I could say the same for a certain 'Superstar' that I saw the previous day who evidently feels that the laws of the State of California, do not apply to him when he lit up a cigarette inside the public building while signing autographs and taking pictures with his fans. (Won't give name, but initials are D.N.)

Anyway, thanks Glenn, for being so cool with your fans and thank you also, for sharing your talents with us. Is it possible that your singing voice has gotten even stronger over the years? Simply amazing! Fantastic songwriting and you absolutely 'set the bar' for any other rock vocalist out there to aspire to become. And as a fellow bass player, I must say that you've definitely got some chops!

I only wish that you would've been able to play with Bonamassa at the Ernie Ball private party where he appeared Saturday night, but of course, I know how all of the endorser appearance stuff works though.

I'll be looking to hopefully see Black Country Communion scheduled to perform near Santa Barbara this year.

Jeanne in Pismo Beach

• :cool: Hello Jeanne,
    it was just a pleasure reading your lil story about meeting Glenn in Anaheim.
    I really got some pictures in my head, hey..
    and welcome here,

regards
    Sigurd

:bouncer:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!