Significant new Deep Purple album in 2012 (official announcement)!

• According to the official Deep Purple website they will definately go back to the studio this summer (2012) for recording their next studio album. Maybe a classic in the making (as they announced officially on their site, that this next album will be a significant album). After this album they will go touring in the fall of 2012 an far into 2013 :thumbup:

| Burn | Stormbringer | Come Taste The Band

• :cool: wolfysmith, jeah to this, on the point!!
    And including Glenn/Coverdale vocal duets and a lot Blackmore/Lord battles!
    "In the middle of a (day)dream"
    :D

• So no happines about a new album??????????????
    It's definately gonna happen. The few summer tour-dates have been officially postponed now. So the recording of the new album is gonna happen! A new album is better than no album at all. Deep Purple: Go for it :thumbup:

• So no happines about a new album??????????????
    It's definately gonna happen. The few summer tour-dates have been officially postponed now. So the recording of the new album is gonna happen! A new album is better than no album at all. Deep Purple: Go for it :thumbup:

Of course we look forward to the new album, Willem. Let's say we are just a bit reluctant because it has been promised for a long time.
    As I hadn't planned to go to any of the summer dates, the cancellation doesn't affect me at all.

This interview with Paicey might interest you:

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/01/25/dee…on-big-cdn-tour

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• KISS came after more than ten years with a very good album Sonic Boom, it was creative and sold pretty well (for standards nowadays). ACDC came after more than six years (or something like that) with Black Ice: that album sold very good. Motorheads last album The World is Yours, is also very good(Lemmy is the same age as big Ian and Roger) and sold good.

There is enough prove that these old geezers can make good music :thumbup:

• Significant cos its a double cd with Blackmore, Lord, Hughes and Coverdale joining in on 8 songs :thumbup: If Only!! :(

Made me laugh out loud :p

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• KISS came after more than ten years with a very good album Sonic Boom, it was creative and sold pretty well (for standards nowadays). ACDC came after more than six years (or something like that) with Black Ice: that album sold very good. Motorheads last album The World is Yours, is also very good(Lemmy is the same age as big Ian and Roger) and sold good.

There is enough prove that these old geezers can make good music :thumbup:

Hoj Willem,

I'm afraid you misunderstood me. It's not the quality of the next Purple album I'm questioning, just the timing, the when and if at all. There has been so much talk and rumours about another album. They were in a studio in Spain and nothing came out of it.

When I have the assurance that they really are in a studio and recording some new horny Purple music, then and only then I will believe it!

And of course I hope that they will play a few of the new songs during the next tour :thumbup:

And yes, I must admit that I don't want to hear SOTW on the encore anymore! It's time for something hotter than smoke. I want FIRE!! :bouncer:

(And you're absolutely right about AC/DC! ;) :cool: )

• Smoke on the water is not the problem for the encores... the real problem is Hush and Black night... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Smoke on the water should be the real closer IMHO...

• Smoke on the water is not the problem for the encores... the real problem is Hush and Black night... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Smoke on the water should be the real closer IMHO...

Funny kind of problems you have, my friend :rolleyes: And I thought the French had real taste... :erte1:

P.S. What's wrong with Hush and Black Night?

• Very recent interview in the Calgary Herald with Ian Gillan says a.o. I think it's time for some new material. We have a lot of ENERGY for this and we are having a good time. The sessions in Spain from last year: Nothing really happened and we were not in the mood (;)). We"ll start from scratch now and see what happens:)
    Ian G. is very positive and eager about it, because they haven't written anything in quite a while.

Let's rock:thumbup:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!