Significant new Deep Purple album in 2012 (official announcement)!

• I discussed the theme of new DP album and upcoming tour with Don Airey (he played a great solo show in Pilsen).
    1st - the album is nearly finished and its going to be released in February 2013.
    2nd - they really have more tracks that fits to the album (Ian Paice said it too), but "some way" they are going to be released. They want to release all the stuff recorded during these sessions with Ezrin, but maybe later (my guess is that there will be more editions of the album with some special bonus tracks, and maybe even something like Tour Edition of Rapture was - this is not coming from Don Airey - its my guess, he just told me that everything is going to be released at some point maybe as bonus). I have to add to this, that from interview with Gert Sanner I know that they have ALL shows from latest tour recorded on multitrack and they discussed to release this live stuff as bonus for any album in future too... So we will see... There is MUCH of unreleased stuff as you can see.
    3rd - I asked him about upcoming tour (because Im going to see Munich show) and he told me that no new tracks from album are going to be done on this tourleg - because of youtube. New stuff is going to be done on album tour which should start around the album release date.

• I was in Amsterdam at the Deep Purple gig (good show, especially the last hour after the superb drum solo in the Mule), tuesday 4 December. Before the show they had a message on the large screens on both sides of the stage: STUDIO ALBUM: April 2013?

• Yes, the (unofficial) February date (which was still valid during first half of November according to interview with Ian Gillan in French TV) was postponed to 26th April. The album is going to be released not at the same time at all places - 26th April is for Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Finland and Spain. Other regions will get it a bit later (difference is just in few days).

I saw the excellent gig in Munich, here are my photos:

www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4985246275058.2193985.1416548436&type=1&l=19a28e1f85

• I heard it via The Highway Star website. Sounds very promising........one of the best Purple intro's (if this is an intro) I heard in years. Looking forward to the new album :thumbup:

• :cool: the trailer is pure purple, hey the "new" keysman Don Airey is 10 years in Deep Purple, isn't he?
    What about time, we know it is relative, all in all, everytime some new music is released by the purple family i am 13 years old again, believe it or not! :D

greets
    Sigurd

• Another trailer for upcoming album released:
    [ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePb78Ont8Ts']Deep Purple New Album 2013 Audio Teaser - YouTube[/ame]

• Deep Purple tickets for UK shows are on sale Friday 9am!!

"Now What ?! Deep ?urp!e LIVE"

Deep Purple today announce a string of UK dates in support of their forthcoming new album NOW What?!” released on April 29th in the UK, including a date at the NIA, Birmingham on 15 October.

NOW What?! has been produced by Bob Ezrin, one of the most important rock producers of all time (Pink Floyd, Alice Cooper, Kiss and many others) it features 11 new songs. It was recorded with no musical rules… and it shows a modern and fresh production… to the point that Deep ?urp!e have never sounded so close to the spirit of the 70s in the last 20 years as they do NOW. The record has the excellence and elegance of „Perfect Strangers“ and the wild freedom of Made in Japan.

It will also be released as a limited edition with a bonus DVD featuring the band discussing the new album and one bonus studio cover version. It will be released as double vinyl LP and will be released in the UK on April 29th. Worldwide release dates can be found at www.deeppurple-nowwhat.com which will be updated daily with news, lyrics, photos & more.

The first taste of NOW What ?! will be the release of a double A-side single on March 29th (as a limited and numbered vinyl 7“, CD single and digital download). 7“ VINYL (limited to 1000 numbered copies) Side A: “Hell To Pay“ (radio edit) / Side B: “All The Time in The World“ (radio mix – edit) CD SINGLE 1) “All The Time in The World“ (radio mix – edit) 2) “Hell To Pay“ (radio edit) 3) Perfect Strangers (bonus track live) 4) Rapture Of The Deep (bonus track live). The label Worldwide is earMUSIC, distributed in the UK by Absolute/Universal.

• The new Purple single should get a lot of radio play. Gillan's voice is very smooth :)
    [ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxPhHRDJ4TM']Deep Purple "All The Time in The World" Official Lyric Video (HD) from "NOW What?!" - YouTube[/ame]

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• Two teasers and two full songs that I heard so far. Not bad at all. Sounds promising. All the time in
    the world has a great sound, good singing, bluesy feel and great guitar solo (maybe on the album the solo is
    longer, I hope). And of course the organ sound is good as ever. Bob Ezrin did a great job. Wow!!!!!!!

• I really like All the Time in the World. Too many fans yet again are expecting Machine Head/In Rock revisited. It isnt going to happen. The band has aged, changed, and moved on.

Paul

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!