Thin Lizzy to pen new material?

• thanks for keeping the name alive, no disrespect, but THIN LIZZY will always be the three piece Phil, Gary, and Brian for me.

so light a candle in the window.......
    i will be coming home tonite

• Listen to the new single from HERE

Thanks Wolfy -
    Black Star Riders - Bound for Glory - :thumbup: - They sure remind me of the Thin Lizzy of old! Ricky Warwick definitely sounds like Phil Lynott, keeps him in my memory. Now I understand the excitement Kevin Shirley was tweeting earlier this year when he was recording the band :claphands

• Bound for Glory is on the free cd with Classic Rock June 2013 edition - along with some other great tracks by the likes of DP, S.U.N., Eureka Machines and Tracer

• The Black Star Riders' album 'All Hell Breaks Loose' (no pun intended, really?! Come on... :rolleyes:) is now out on Nuclear Blast Entertainment and comes either as a standard CD with 11 tracks or a DigiBook Deluxe Edition with 1 Bonus track and a 'Making of' (67 minutes!) all regions Bonus DVD.

Naturally, the album, like the single has a strong Lizzy vibe to it, especially the title track 'All Hell Breaks Loose', 'Bound for Glory', 'Kingdom of the Lost' and 'Hey Judas'.
    Excellent playing (and singing) from Messrs Gorham, Ricky Warwick and Damon Joshnson (doing his best Brian Robertson) throughout and fab production from the Caveman, although I would have preffered to hear Brian Downey on drums and Marco Mendoza's bass is a little too hidden in the mix sometimes.

While the band do their best to continue in the Lizzy heritage, this is not Thin Lizzy. It's still the closest Lizzy sounding band you probably get to hear nowadays.

Currently they play select festivals in Europe with a UK tour coming up next.

http://blackstarriders.com

Cheers,
    Christian

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!