Tony Iommi fights with f...g cancer too...

• New press release from Black Sabbath camp:

With the news that Black Sabbath’s Tony Iommi has been diagnosed with the early stages of lymphoma, his bandmates would like everyone to send positive vibes to the guitarist at this time. Iommi is currently working with his doctors to establish the best treatment plan--the “IRON MAN” of Rock & Roll remains upbeat and determined to make a full and successful recovery.

This comes as Black Sabbath--Ozzy Osbourne (vocals), Tony Iommi (guitar), Geezer Butler (bass) and Bill Ward (drums)--are writing and recording their first album in 33 years in Los Angeles (still set for release this fall) with producer Rick Rubin. They will now go to the UK to continue to work with Tony. Further information will be released as it becomes available.

• Tony Iommi has issued his first official statement since being diagnosed with lymphoma. The Black Sabbath guitarist writes through his website:

• :cool: the best wishes for the iron man!

In the middle of the 70ies i've got two Black Sabbath albums for christmas. In christmas holidays i tried to learn some riffs and sololicks of Tony Iommi, i specially liked "Warning", the guitarwork was impressing me much.
    Also the "Sabotage" album blew me away, though i never was a heavy metal fan, but this was more heavyrock which i like.

best regards
    Sigurd

:bouncer:

• Even the UK GUARDIAN has written about Tony's illness:

www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/jan/10/black-sabbath-tony-iommi-cancer

I absolutely like this comment:

So now Iommi and Deep Purple's Jon Lord are battling cancer. Two great bands that influenced so many others. In this Bieber infected world, we need some decent music.

Hope they both beat this.

:clapper: :thumbup: :cool:

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!